Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've just bought a set of the 159 Lusso 17" alloys as winter wheels. Atlas 4 season tyres on order (four for under £200) - an unknown brand except Autobild did a review on Atlas Green summer tyres and surprisingly they came out in the top 10. Thought I'd give the 4S tyres a try as my TI is the Q4 4 wheel drive variant.

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
When I ran them on mine, I fitted a 3mm spacer at the front. I don't know if it was absolutely necessary (I didn't risk finding out) but the painted Ti callipers did seem to be perilously close to the rear of the wheel spokes (certainly a few microns closer than they were on my previous Lusso with unpainted Brembos) so I went down the 'better safe than having callipers to repaint' route.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If it misses, it's fine - if something chunky enough to do damage gets in the gap, then a couple of mm more or less isn't going to make any difference.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it misses, it's fine - if something chunky enough to do damage gets in the gap, then a couple of mm more or less isn't going to make any difference.
Thank you for the wheels. Just getting the car ready to drive to Italy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts