Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, just got my 2nd alfa, (2.0 t/spark with 129000 on the clock) bought it knowing it had issues, blowing exhaust, etc. ive managed to cure most of them, and im now left with a really annoying misfire on start up. ive replaced the maf, which helped a lot, once warm though it ticks over and runs like a car half its age and miles, plugs were changed last xmas according to service history, as was were filters, in general the car has been well looked after, its just this problem thats driving me nuts any ideas??????

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I am predicting its a defective coil pack, most often its No 1 cylinder as it gets oil slopped on it.

I take it its worse when cold and occassionally disappears altogether.

They can often be picked up cheap on ebay, but there are a couiple of versions out there, make sure you bag the right type.

HTH

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply purple145, your spot on with your diagnosis, i had 3 days last week with no miss-fire, but yesterday it came back.:mad: will check out ebay today. another small question, would a diagnostic reveal the defective coil pack?? thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts