Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to look at the red Ti advertised local to me today. It is advertised as a 210, but the sticker on the door pillar refers to 200. I however thought that all Ti's were 210bhp. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

It was lovely to drive incidentally, but still can't make my mind up if I prefer it to the GT. I'm sure as a day to day proposition it is far far better, but the GT is still after over 2 years pulling at my heartstrings . . . .

·
Registered
178 Posts
Stesco, old 2.4 engine is 200 bhp, whereas the newer ones are 210. I believe the Q4's are all 200 bhp though? As the Ti is now classed as a trim option rather than a special edition I don't think it matters whether its a Ti or a lesser spec model, the engines are all the same.

·
Registered
30,082 Posts
Stesco, old 2.4 engine is 200 bhp, whereas the newer ones are 210. I believe the Q4's are all 200 bhp though? As the Ti is now classed as a trim option rather than a special edition I don't think it matters whether its a Ti or a lesser spec model, the engines are all the same.
Q-Tronic are all 200hp, not Q4's.
All the other 2.4 became 210hp in 2008.
The way I understand it is the first few months of Ti 2.4 were the only ones with 210 instead of 200, but that may only have been due to the stock of 200hp 2.4 cars already in stock.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Went to look at the red Ti advertised local to me today. It is advertised as a 210, but the sticker on the door pillar refers to 200. I however thought that all Ti's were 210bhp. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

The sticker inside my door says 2.4 jtdm 210 Ti, its on a 2008 plate if that makes any difference:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,082 Posts
Engine code on the chassis plate:
939A3.000 = 200hp
939A9.000 = 210hp

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this was an auto so as DavidC says above this one was a 2.4Ti QTronic so 200bhp it is.

Thanks folks. It's this car here if anyone is interested.

Gumtree 159Ti

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice car always look good in red, does seem a bit pricey though considering age/mileage although autos are more money i suppose, would have to be a manual for me.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Yes, Q tronic was only ever 200bhp, Q4 and FWD were 210 always on UK Ti's, but the Q4 suffers from weight and transmission drag and is slower than the FWD.

·
Registered
716 Posts
As said by others, the Q4 is definately 210bhp as i have one :p

Yes, Q tronic was only ever 200bhp, Q4 and FWD were 210 always on UK Ti's, but the Q4 suffers from weight and transmission drag and is slower than the FWD.
Quicker off the line, but soon gets bogged down with the extra weight :(

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice car always look good in red, does seem a bit pricey though considering age/mileage although autos are more money i suppose, would have to be a manual for me.
So what would you reckon the right money is for this car then?? Seriously considering it you see . . . . .:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
If the cambelt hasnt been done you are looking at approx £600 and you need it doing now. I would need a full mot too as tyres and brakes etc are expensive on the Ti (trust me I know). I have never had a car I love staring at as much as this though. Check these details though.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tyres are new but cambelt needs doing although service history is complete. Am currently in head ruling heart mode though as I do 14-15K per year so I think I should maybe look at one with a bit lower mileage. My 06 GT is just about to turn 60K. Don't really know why I'm thinking of changing as the GT is going so well at the moment . . . . . .. . . .

But I still want the 159 . . . . . . .

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Donyou want me to take a look at it with you?

Can probably find a bargaining point for you.

I don't know that I would fancy an auto though, albeit it is more reliable than than the DMF and clutch!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know that I would fancy an auto though, albeit it is more reliable than than the DMF and clutch!
Having had the pain of a DMF and clutch replacement that is exactly my thinking :wow:. I amy just take you up on that CJ as it really is tugging at my heartstrings this one . . . . . as yours did too:cool:
I gather the transmission is Japanese sourced (Toyota??) and as such am let to believe it is pretty much bulletproof. Other thing I checked was the coolant rail screw - aluminium, However the power steering fluid was red and a bit mucky looking . . . . .

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Aisin (Toyota) make the transmission.

Fluid is an easy change, assuming the steering is still Ok, I can lend you my mechanics syringe to change the fluid, Arnold Clark stock it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts