Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy to announce that in their 30th year of business T.I Auto Engineers will be hosting a track day in Mondello Park on Monday he 27th of August. Cars will be on track from 2 until 5.30 for those of you coming along for a look.
Places on track are by invite only,this will give T.I Auto customers a chance to take their cars out on the track alongside other Alfa Romeo's, both classic and modern. (Although there may be the odd non-Alfa making an appearance)

Convoy To Mondello
For those of you who it suits, we will be meeting in the Avoca Carpark on the Naas road at 11.30 so that anyone taking part or anyone who wants to come along for a look can meet up before hand. We'll leave Avoca at about 12 and drive in convoy to Mondello

People driving on track on the day need to be at mondello between 12.30 and 1 o'clock so everyone can go through driver briefing.

All are welcome to come along and spectate on the day and see what will be a great display of Alfa Romeo's,
with a potential of 50 Alfa's gathered together it is'nt something that happens too often!

At the moment the cars that are booked in for the track day consist of:

Modern Cars
6 GTV's
2 Spiders
2 166's
5 156's
1 156 sportwagon
2 145's
1 146
1 155
2 164's
1 75
5 Gt's

Classic Cars
1 Giulia Spider
1 Giullieta Spider
4 other spiders of different models
6 GTV's,one of them being the 1750 GTV that we just completed the complete restoration of!
1 GTV6
1 Montreal
1 Sud

In that list there are eleven V6's and two GTA's!

Not all of these cars have been confirmed and for that reason there may be a few places available closer to the date.
If anyone has any ideas in regards to a meeting point before hand that would be great.
I'll keep this post updated with details regarding meeting times and anything else that needs to be confirmed.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
That sounds amazing.

But why so short notice ? And it the track open only to invites ?

D

·
0 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I am going on hols that day other wise I would be there with bells on :(

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I might sneak a loan of an old favourite (if I'm allowed and be there !) just as an onlooker :thumbs:

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm one of the two spiders :thumbs:

Still need to get a crash helmet somewhere though.....!

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
That sounds amazing.

Is this the key?
"This will give T.I Auto customers a chance"

That's my wedding anniversary but I might have enough brownie points to make it....
I'll give the 'office' a shout very soon Peter....

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That sounds amazing.
Due to the limited spaces the track day is only open to invite to customers.
But all are welcome on the day, and it would be great to see as many Alfa's as possible out together.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
..well if any spaces turn up i'd love to bring the '66 out for a spin on the track.. maybe i shouldn't say "spin", but anyhow :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Well, id love to let my GTA have a few laps :)
But if I can get the day off, I think I will come regardless, just to see the all thoee lovely Alfas

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
hhmmm i know my 155 wud lov this, although being short notice and a regular working day (not bank holiday monday) im not so sure......

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Sounds like a plan to be there , once I can get a Loan of an ol' friend :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Totally forgot to mention the GTV we've been preparing for the track day.

Spent all day Saturday stripping out all of the interior, so at the moment theres literally nothing besides a dash and passenger seat in it. While the interior got taken out a 3.2l V6 was then dropped in, with hopes of in and about 270 bhp and all of the lost weight it should be interesting to drive on the day!

I forgot to bring the camera on the day but i'll get photos up once i take them!

D

·
0 Posts
Your dad was telling my about the above at the last meet. Sounds immense :D The easiest place for people to meet would Naas I suppose and fly on from there to Mondello.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.