Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a thump thump thump that speeds up and slows down as I do, coming from the back of the car.

Would you believe that the driver's rear tyre has flat spotted itself - a weak part of the compound has worn itself away :eek:

Luckily I have four spares (I believe in being ready for anything :lol: ) so I just need to swop one over.

It's just :eek: I've never heard of that before :waaaaa:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I see what you're getting at - no, the thump is only recent - last month or so. I thought it was a flat spot as a result of my potholing incident, but that would have only affected the passenger side.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Toyo Proxies CFs - they are quite soft. I have to change them on the front once a year.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Couple of months ago Jay.
bet you it was done, by accident, when the car was MOT'd......

It's something i have seen a few times, when the car is put on the brake rollers it is working against something in order to calculate the braking efficiency, this sometimes 'bites' the tyres, especially if the roller has been recoated recently, this bite then flat spots the tyre and so mullers them....

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
De-lamination of the fabric? Luckily you found that one out if it was PG.When I first read your post title I was a little worried thinkiing betablockers initially! Don't give me shocks like that in future please.:D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Toyo Proxies CFs - they are quite soft. I have to change them on the front once a year.
and coupled with what i have just posted that would explain everything....sticky tyres and grippy roller :tut:

they should have noticed and advised you that it had happened, they would have known about it

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think it was the rollers. Our MOT guy is a good friend and a good mechanic. He would have noticed.

It's just a part of the tyre rather than the full width.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think it was the rollers. Our MOT guy is a good friend and a good mechanic. He would have noticed.

It's just a part of the tyre rather than the full width.
that's odd being just a part of the tyre, maybe faulty from the start then

1 - 20 of 26 Posts