Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Alfa dealer today, Autoworld of Chesterfield to buy a 'genuine' oil filter for my 07 GT JTDM. After waiting 15 minutes in the Parts Department for someone to come to me, I was eventually told that the price of the filter would be £13.54 inc vat! Well, they can inc what they like, but the oil filter is NOT worth that money, so I walked away.

Once I got to a computer, I did some searching and Alfa Workshop sell the genuine item for £10.78 in vat and p&p...not too bad considering there's p&p added, and quite a bit cheaper than those robbers, Autoworld.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
And why is this in the technology section?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
G

·
Unipart ... try them, much cheaper and same quality .. there filters are that good quality, they even won't even invalidate a warranty.

as for Autoworld... there parts department is second to none .. however check.out the ebay site Partsworld for better prices ... ;)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I went to my local Alfa dealer today, Autoworld of Chesterfield to buy a 'genuine' oil filter for my 07 GT JTDM. After waiting 15 minutes in the Parts Department for someone to come to me, I was eventually told that the price of the filter would be £13.54 inc vat! Well, they can inc what they like, but the oil filter is NOT worth that money, so I walked away.

Once I got to a computer, I did some searching and Alfa Workshop sell the genuine item for £10.78 in vat and p&p...not too bad considering there's p&p added, and quite a bit cheaper than those robbers, Autoworld.
Christ!

I thought someone had died:lol:

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I bought my JTS ones from Alfa Workshop this week. Fine price (£7.50 each) but the postage hurt a bit on such a cheap item - £6.00 for the two filters, 1st class recorded. I might drop them an email to suggest a cheaper option in future.

I then found that Opie Oils do exactly the same filters (manufactured by UFI) for pretty much the same money and less the postage, so would have saved £5.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You can't slag people off for being expensive, shop around and find someone cheaper. It's not just postage costs it's time wrapping it, materials to wrap it and then the actual price for postage, people need to cover there costs and time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts