Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some roof bars, and I'm looking at getting a Thule ProRide 591 so I can carry my bike on the outside of the GTA.

I was wondering (and I know this is asking alot) does anyone in Southampton area have one of these they would be willing to let me see/try/borrow etc, just so I can make sure it works well before splashing out?

thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Resurrecting a old thread here, I have just tried to attach my two proride carriers to the factory Alfa roof rails on the 156,it seems they are too wide (the bars that is) so fail to clamp around.

Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah thought that was the case. Thanks for the reply.

So once I have chopped up the rubber inserts on the roof bars to make gaps for the flat ended bolts, where do I get replacement rubber inserts from?? :confused:

I might want to sell the bars later on, or use them for another attachment so to keep it looking tidy I will need to swap out the cut rubber insert for a full length..

I suppose if I keep the chopped out bits I could then slide them back on if needed, I doubt a few clean Stanley knife cuts would make any wind noise as they will be in the direction the air flows..

Seems awkward.. :rant:

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
You can borrow my bike bag if you want to experiment with that instead. I only use it* when my car needs servicing and I have to ride back from the garage! :D

*the bag, that is, not the bike.

Edit: didn't see that this was one million years old!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rubber inserts should slide in from the end. You have to fully remove them whilst using the square bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts