Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted a pair of superflex thrust washers to my rear t-bar a few months ago (there previously weren't any). I slit them and slipped them into place but when underneath last week I noticed the nearside one had worked its way halfway out. On one thread someone suggested glueing the slit once fitted - anybody know what glue to use? (a brand name would be good) I thought superglue might work but it didn't.

Alternatively jubilee clips were mentioned which would be fine, I'm just a bit concerned they would eventually work their way off the washer with the constant lateral movement of the t-bar (albeit hopefully reduced)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they have the range in their professional stuff. I think I'll take the washer out first and clean and degrease before trying anything

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
When I fitted mine I was worried they'd work loose so sliced them at more of an angle across the washer as appose to straight down like slicing a cake, this way you get a hook on the inside that stops in slipping off the t-bar. Mine are still there after 3 years with no glue or clips.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take everyone's advice - it'll be a dab of 'loctite for plastics' and some jubilee clips this w/end. Having re-examined the location I don't think the jubilee clips will move laterally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts