Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know by now, I've been on the road again. End up with more them 4600kms, with an average consumption of 7.5l and average speed of more then 80kms/h. :)

The tour started obviously in Portugal, arriving in the afternoon to Bordeaux. I've been there last year, when I went for the 147 International Meeting. At the time the Bordeaux Metro was almost finished and today, it's working at 100%. People say it's the best thing of the last years and that must be true: no traffic jams, no buses, not much smoke, less noise. Bordeaux is a nice old city, with a beautiful river dividing it in 2. If you go there don’t forget to taste the wine! Oh and search for a Brazilian restaurant called "Carioca": good food, relaxed ambience and nice people.

Paris was the next destiny. Driving in such big town can be stressful so I left the Alfa at the Hotel. I know quite well Paris, since this was not my first time there, and since the time wasn’t much the option was to visit the city from the outside and concentrate just on some buildings. Actually, the architecture is by itself an attraction.

Antwerp, the historical Antwerp. The Cathedral is a "must visit". It's impressively big elegant, putting the Notre-Dame of Paris at a corner. And… It was great to meet my good Friends Wim and Eve!!

Next was The Netherlands… it’s like being at home. I just love it... If you go to Amsterdam don’t forget to visit the Van Gogh and the Rijk Museums. Relax in front of the canals, see how the city lives, do the Boat Trip… so many things to do.

3 nights later we where at Luxemburg. I didn’t knew Luxemburg city so everything was new. Well… not exactly everything. There’s a lot of Portuguese living there, certainly some good people but, some scum too. The city is divided by a huge vale with a lovely garden. The occidental side is more probably richer, more historical, with a big Cathedral also named Notre-Dame. Nice squares with lots of places to have a relax meal. The oriental part of the city near the vale is quite rich too. But if we go deeper we’ll find some filthy streets and people screaming the worst slang you can imagine… right, they were Portuguese. Shame on them! :rant:

2 particular episodes of the trip: the Alfa got the windshield cracked by a stone. First I heard the impact but didn't saw anything. A few 100 kms later there it was with more or less 20cm. :( My first reaction was :rant: but then, nothing else happen and the Alfa runned like a dream. Alfas are made to be on the road and this is just a minor problem. ;) On the way back, from Bordeaux to Porto, we got a terrible storm before Pyrenees. It rained worst then in winter and I counted more then 30 (!!!) crashed. :eek:

Now, enjoy some of the photos I took… :)

This and many other photos we’ll find in a few weeks at www.vividscene.com

My exclusively dedicated photography project. :)

Photos:
1 - Bordeaux Metro
2 to 4 - Paris

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos 5 to 8 - Paris

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Photos 9 to 11 - Paris
Photo 12 - Antwerp

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photos 13 to 14 - Antwerp
Photos 15 to 16 - Amsterdam

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Photos 17 to 20 - Amsterdam

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Photos 21 to 23 - Amsterdam
Photo 24 - Luxemburg

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Sadiki!

You made it back! It's great reading your travel report. It was great to see you again and of course fantastic to meet your parents. Now we know where your Bonkers-roots are from :lol: :lol: :lol:

I pi55ed myself when you said: "Oh my, he's even worse than me!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice photos, but I guess that comes with experience right :cheese:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Dave: Yes I am but guess what... I didn't used it on any of this photos. :cool:

@Sadiki: you mad Mr. Bonkers! :cheese: What good fun we had!!! :D I loved to meet lit... big Omar! :) My dear Marcia, Hans, Lilly, Lisanne! It was soooo goooddd!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mel Bonkers said:
Nice photos, but I guess that comes with experience right :cheese:
years and years... :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

:D ;)

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
:cool: pictures Hugo..
It was great seeing you again.. and to meet your parents.. please give them our regards and tell them we enjoyed their company

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Great stuff again, Hugo! :cool:

Glad you've avoided those 30 something crashes along the way!

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Great piccies Hugo. :cool:

Did you travel with your parents?? :confused:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks a lot for your comments! :eek: :) I keep try to do my best everytime I'm out with the camera. This is something that really makes me happy and keeps pulling me ahead. One image is away more then 1000 words! Thanks you again, I'm touched by your comments. :)

Wimster said:
and to meet your parents.. please give them our regards and tell them we enjoyed their company
I will, Wimmy! It was great to meet you 2 again! :) :) :) And my parents enjoyed very much your company!! :)

@Sérgio: I will, I will! Thank you! :)

@Ant: yes, my parents traveled with me this time. It was a kind of family trip. But it was good fun. :D

@Rick: I do have some pictures of Wim and Eve that I might post... That couple is not Wim and Eve, definitly! :D

@Wis: Thanks! :) indeed my friend, 30 and something! Coincidence or not I didn't saw any Italian car crashed.

@Debs: Thank you dear! :)

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Good to see you had a good time. It was good to meet your parents again and I hope they enjoyed the trip as much as you did.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts