Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i perform a throttle reset? My idle is wonky while the car warms up. It starts fine but i minute or two later it goes all wonky for about 5 mins, then comes right when the temp goes above 80.

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Try this...

....copied from a previous thread...you have to search for it:

1. Disconnect the negative lead from the battery for a minimum of 45 minutes. Some people recommend overnight but that is not really necessary.
2. Reconnect the battery negative lead
3. Put key in ignition, turn to MAR and leave for 90 secs
4. Turn off the ignition, but not remove the key and leave for 90 secs
5. Start the engine but do not touch the throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins otherwise the car will not rev freely afterwards (as V6 owners know at their peril)
6. Turn the car off and leave for 10 mins
7. Start the car and take her for a blast

Note:
normal bold text = ECU Reset
bold and italic = Throttle reset

EDIT: Just checked my printout from the earlier post where I found it & apparently only steps 3 & 4 required for throttle reset? I've altered the print type above to match the printout.

Clive

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My throttle body is shiny clean. I inspected it a month ago when having a Q2 installed. I'll try the reset procedure this morning. Thanks! :thumbs:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am I right on understanding that the butterfly should be closed totally when engine is not running, not open slightly on grubscrew rest? And it's only the throttle actuator which controls it during tick over.

---
I am here: Google Maps
Mark I think you are correct. The last time I saw the inside of my throttle valve it was fully closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts