Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the dreaded MCSF has made an appearance...

Fault codes are 220 and 1222 iirc. Might be 1220 but it doesn't really make a difference as it they're all throttle potentiometer faults.

We've measured the resistance of both tracks with the pedal out of the car and they do vary although one track varies less than the other.

Looking at the voltages in FECUS, track 1 starts at 0.7 volts and ramps up to 4.9 volts at full throttle but track 2 starts at 4.8 volts and stays approximately level regardless of throttle position.

Thoughts?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. We've checked the continuity of the circuit back to the ecu too. This isn't looking hopeful is it?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Honestly Chris I won't pretend to know loads about it!! I know on some cars though it is possible to do a manual recallibration on the throttle by having the ignition at a point and a sequence of throttle depresses. Dunno if alfa thought of that though!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Ours has had 220 since it was 3 years old. Comes on randomly, there is a connector in the passenger footwell that responds well to a dose of contact cleaner - the problem then goes away for a year. I've been resetting the error code every 100 miles recently, must do the connector soon....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the 147 (and I think, all cf3 156's) the feed from the pedal goes through the bulkhead just above the pedal, to a dark green connector then from there to the ecu. It would be nice if I have missed another connection block but I don't think there is one!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Fixed. Thank fuzzy duck for that!!!!!

Thank you Gus (alfatune) for taking the time to sound my dad out, it was much appreciated. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts