Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all

Just thought I would share a little "unfortunate" experience.

Yesterday evening whilst trying to get the N/S HID bulb out I noticed a split in the angled breather pipe from the throttle body flexi hose. (2.5 V6)

Perhaps when I put the hose back after wrapping the relevant section in self-amalgamating tape the angle wasn't quite right and so has caused a torsion tear at the breather pipe junction! Literally a turn of 1 degree would probably has saved this - but as so often is the case it is easy to be wise after the event.

On the other hand - it might just be coincidence..........

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Once they start to perish, they tend to get very fragile all over, so it was bound to happen sooner or later I reckon. Ultimately, a new one is the proper solution, but you can usually make sika flex and self amalgamating tape last pretty well!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Chris,

Hopefully someone will provide 3D printing of these is silicone :D ??

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has finally given way - the oil breather pipe from the main flexi hose on the throttle body.

Now where can I get a replacement urgently??

Or can I drive the car without it? Must confess I didn't notice any issue during the week....

·
Administrator
5,038 Posts
You will be getting unmetered air into the throttle as it is bypassing the maf and also dirty air sucked into the engine so it will need replacing.
There two 166 being broken in the 'for sale and wanted section' they may have one.
Make sure its the right one as the rubber pipe is different for 2.5 and 3.0 engines.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Paul O

Yes I noticed they angle of dangle - so to speak was different :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts