Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've got a fault code - 1216 - I've just fitted a new cat and lambda sensor for the MOT but now I'm getting this code - does anyone know anything about these - cost of replacement / if it can be adjusted etc

mines a 1995 1.8 8v t/s

thanks

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1-2-1-6 - throttle valve sensor.

no idea what it is I'm afraid!! JB will sort this wink

However, as its a sensor it'll probably have to be replaced.

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had a thought, is this the "throttle position sensor" I've heard about? Can cause rough running, straight replacement I'm afraid.

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry didn't explain myself very well - yes Throttle Angle Sensor - anyone know about these?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok the throttle sensor is on the side of the inlet manifold throttle body next to the throttle cable its either red or black....
the number is,
9946862 and costs £61.67+vat,

BTW what is the problem.

FAO fletch....did you get into trouble on AO.? :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hI i HAVE A 156 V6 AND THOUGHT MY HIGH IDLE IS THE SAME THING AS YOU ALL MENTIONED ABOUT THE THTOOTLE POSTION SENSOR THAT CAUSES HIGHER IDLE.i WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS REPLACED THE SENSOR THEM SLVES.mY V6 156 IS THE FLY BY WIRE KIND.i AM AFRAID TO OPEN THE COVER AND TRY TO CLEAN IT.aNY SUGGESSONS HERE? THANKS vINCE usa

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the 156 systen is very different to the 155...there are some known problems with the sensor motor on the throttle pedal...but you can take off the main inletpipe into the plenum chamber and clean out all the crud,it can build up so it actually holds open the throttle slightly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts