Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
2000 GTV then 147 GTA and then 159. Seems your insane option is the most sane ;)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I would say they are all overpriced. Decide what sort of Alfa you want, then look around for the best deal, rather than looking for a car that costs £12K. For example, if I was looking for a 147 GTA on an 06 plate, I would be setting my target price at between £6K and £8K for a good one.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
That bertie is as old as me so thats the one id have :)

Personally i love automatics, wish the petrol 2.2 brera was available as an auto

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I would say they are all overpriced. Decide what sort of Alfa you want, then look around for the best deal, rather than looking for a car that costs £12K. For example, if I was looking for a 147 GTA on an 06 plate, I would be setting my target price at between £6K and £8K for a good one.
Good call, although it's tough to set a price on the 2000 GTV.

G

·
0 Posts
GTV is not that overpriced if it is in really good nick IMO, although I don't fancy the auto box myself. The GTA is overpriced, much better bargains than that to be had. You'd probably get a better priced Sele if you were prepared to wait.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
2000 GTV then 147 GTA and then 159. Seems your insane option is the most sane ;)
Yes, I agree if it's any good of course, it is least likely to lose money but I wouldn't buy an auto version - probably rare but must knock off some value as most enthusiasts would want manual.

G

·
0 Posts
That GTA is ridiculously priced, it may be a late model but it's not low mileage

I'd buy the Ti in a flash if forced to buy one of the three

Ideally I'd spend half the amount on another 147 GTA :lol:

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
The GTV probably makes the best financial sense but I would go with the 159 out of those three.

There again what's it's purpose? I probably would have the GTV as fair weather weekend toy whereas the 159 though a thirsty sod could be used all year round and will depreciate somewhat whether it sits in the garage or gets used.

Not sure about the 147GTA, they don't do it enough for me. Are they still depreciating (I suspect so) or have they bottomed out yet?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While for a GTA it looks expensive, it's one of only four (apparently) sele 147s in the country. Veloces had a black one for sale for £12,000 or thereabouts recently (half the silver one's mileage though).

And while I can understand the distaste for the auto, there really would be no other option...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts