38,310 Posts
Re: Thread text bubble

T, you should adopt Che Guevara as your avatar... :D

·
Registered
6,216 Posts

T, you should adopt Che Guevara as your avatar... :D
It's too soon for that. That's a Stage Three tactic -- after the initial protest and after the bit with the torches. ;)

Stage Three is when we need to bring in the progaganda. When we work on capturing the hearts and minds of the proletariat and the plebeians and the unwashed masses. That's when we need the slogans and the commercials and movies and plaintively aching protest songs.

If we start with this phase too soon, the movement won't look spontaneous. It will look too manunfacturered and artificial. We need to encourage an organic groundswell of support. We need the images of us in action in order to serve as inspiration for our followers, and then we need to repeat those images and ideals over and over again in a way that brings glorification to our cause and glamour to our ideals. That is the way to win the hearts and minds and to ensure our rightful victory.

It has been a long time since I've led a revolution, but the marching drumbeat of the parade and picket line still resounds in my heart and the chanting of protestors still fills my ears. I long to bring those sensations to life once again.
--Toronto

:cheese:

·
Super Moderator
60,034 Posts

will there be picket lines?? I walked picket lines last year, people stopped and brought us buckets of coffee and donuts. I think I gained weight with all that walking :lol:

·
Registered
6,216 Posts

Ladies? :confused:

Well Glenda and Classicalgal may claim that title for themselves, that's their choice. Somehow I don't think the rest of us quite qualify.

You yourself suggested my leadership, and I thought it was your manly charms which attracted Lynn. Although now that I come to think of it, your past with Rick suggests that perhaps you yourself have wielded your own feminine charms upon him.

Rick is assisting with the supplies round up, and while that may show traces of the urge to shop and gather I don't see him whipping out his credit card for designer rioting accessories.

As for me, I only claim the title of rabble-rouser extraordinaire. Beside I never picked up the trick of matching my shoes to my (AO obligatory) handbag, so I'm afraid I'll have to decline the honour.

;) :D :lol:

--Toronto

·
Registered
17,177 Posts

Rick is assisting with the supplies round up, and while that may show traces of the urge to shop and gather I don't see him whipping out his credit card for designer rioting accessories.
Quite right too. As a Yorkshireman, there will be no excess spending on this demo. A bit of looting, barter and general pub car park trading is quite acceptable though.
:D
I am going to have a word with my mate who is a farmer to see if we can borrow a tractor and a muck spreader to wheel in after the first engagement just to show we're not afraid to stir the **** and fling it about.
:cool:

I'm struggling a bit on slogans for the placards though. "Bring back the bubble" and "Stop fiddling, it won't go any faster" aren't really front page standard. The best placards are usually waved about by the prettiest girls in the demo so if we can come up with something punchy we can send out Glenda and Classicalgal for the photoshoot while us unsightly blokes can hide behind the old tyres, tractor and the bonnet I took off Gibbo's 166 while he was serrenading Lynn.
:inlove: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts

T, may I suggest an avatar for each step?? :D

First, Evo Morales. :D

Second, Hugo Chávez. :D

And third: Che Guevara. :D

·
Registered
54,872 Posts

Ladies? :confused:

Well Glenda and Classicalgal may claim that title for themselves, that's their choice. Somehow I don't think the rest of us quite qualify.

You yourself suggested my leadership, and I thought it was your manly charms which attracted Lynn. Although now that I come to think of it, your past with Rick suggests that perhaps you yourself have wielded your own feminine charms upon him.

As for me, I only claim the title of rabble-rouser extraordinaire. Beside I never picked up the trick of matching my shoes to my (AO obligatory) handbag, so I'm afraid I'll have to decline the honour.

;) :D :lol:

--Toronto

Whoops, pardonez moi ;) Unintentional casting of aspersions there

As you were :D

·
Registered
54,872 Posts

.....the bonnet I took off Gibbo's 166 while he was serrenading Lynn.

You and my bonnet, you just can't leave it can you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rant:

And I'd like it back when you've finished :mad: :lol:

·
Registered
6,216 Posts

Quite right too. As a Yorkshireman, there will be no excess spending on this demo. A bit of looting, barter and general pub car park trading is quite acceptable though.
I am going to have a word with my mate who is a farmer to see if we can borrow a tractor and a muck spreader to wheel in after the first engagement just to show we're not afraid to stir the **** and fling it about.
:cool:

I'm struggling a bit on slogans for the placards though. "Bring back the bubble" and "Stop fiddling, it won't go any faster" aren't really front page standard. The best placards are usually waved about by the prettiest girls in the demo so if we can come up with something punchy we can send out Glenda and Classicalgal for the photoshoot while us unsightly blokes can hide behind the old tyres, tractor and the bonnet I took off Gibbo's 166 while he was serrenading Lynn.
Now that's the way to take the initiative, Rick. I love the manure spreader idea. Pure genius. And if our dear Alfas (or parts of them) must be sacrificed in the struggle, so be it. They will have served us nobly.

I`m going to lobby for its reinstatement!
Who else is signing up for the BBTTB alliance?:D
Welcome to our great cause, Spiderman. As of now, you're officially in charge of all our recruitment efforts. Go get em, tiger.

T, may I suggest an avatar for each step?? :D

First, Evo Morales. :D

Second, Hugo Chávez. :D

And third: Che Guevara. :D
That plan shows a nice, strong sense of escalation. Well thought out.

After giving it a bit of thought, however, I think I'll wait to implement it until until the second or third week of the movement (assuming we need to hold out that long). I recall how strongly the authorities reacted when I last used a protest avatar. I think it stirred more cow by-product than even Rick's farmer pal can move with his heavy equipment.

Whoops, pardonez moi ;) Unintentional casting of aspersions there

As you were :D
No problems Gibbo, as long as we understand each other. Also, take strength that your bonnet is being used for the greater good.

Now troops, I'll shortly be off for a full weekend battle planning session. I'm entrusting the health of our dear movement to you. Do your best for the cause.

Viva la revolution!
--Toronto

:cheese:

·
Registered
54,872 Posts

My word you've got the bit between your teeth :D

I have noticed mention of sacrificing cars but as yet the only one detailed has been mine :( ;)

Look forward to hearing more of your strategy after the weekend which I trust you'll enjoy :D

Perhaps we can work Ricks vehicles into the plot too :D

H

·
0 Posts

What about setting up a petition on the Downing Street website to 'bring back the bubble'

W

·
0 Posts

Right put the kettle on peeps, we seem to have mislaid the bubble. It's not been removed so this could take a while...:lol:

wrinx

·
Registered
17,658 Posts

:rolleyes:

Typical management ploy...... They spot that the workers are a bit restless and at first just tell them to be patient.....

then.....

They finally realise that they have a REAL problem..... and that their the workers are really very upset..... so they open the canteen with offers of free tea..... :p

As if we would be fooled by that :mad:

;)

EDIT.... cooooo that was quick.... Well Done :)

21 - 40 of 151 Posts