Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you read the follwing re a 2001 3.0 what would you think?

Bad Points - Some paint fade on top of N/S front wing, some water collecting in passenger footwell, slight oil leak from rear rocker gasket, hand brake light stays on. priced accordingly

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes is the black one on Ebay. I think the fade may just be laquer peel. My 164 has laquer peel on the top of the wings also but the paint under is fine. Problem car is some distance away to go and see if I can determine the leak source.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If it's cheap enough I can overlook a lot of stuff! Unless it affects how it drives or safety I wouldn't worry about paint mis-match or repairs on cars for banger money, not many cars recheach 110k/11years without a thump or two on the way. if you're tryng to wow the judges for a concours compitition it's probably the wrong car. Full history inc belts means more to me.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
the water in the footwell may be of concern if it is anti-freeze (heater matrix), paint fade, easy enough, handbrake light will be the float in the brake fluid reservoir needs changing.

That is the best colour IMO, its a 3.0 and it has most of the goodies bar horseshoe wheels, has SH. and its on the lower car tax system.

What is there not to like, go for it.

Good luck

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
and if it turns out to be a lemon, there is enough good parts there to recoup your outlay....

I'll have the xenons please :lol:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Will be in the banding system but capped at £260 per year for now. Probably not the biggest expense when running an old 3 Litre Alfa!

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
will be in the higher (post 2001) emissions based road tax nonsense that one...think the cut off was march 2001?
I may be wrong, but I thought the change coincided with the plate change, so 51 plate cars first had the new banding system.

Having checked it seems that the tax system started in Mar01 and the No plate in September, why not at the same time to keep it simple I do not know.......

so a Y reg will cost alot, a X reg will not.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I may be wrong, but I thought the change coincided with the plate change, so 51 plate cars first had the new banding system.

Having checked it seems that the tax system started in Mar01 and the No plate in September, why not at the same time to keep it simple I do not know.......

so a Y reg will cost alot, a X reg will not.
A Y reg will cost £260, an X reg will cost £215. Don't think it would sway me, I would think £45 difference small beer in the running of an old 3 litre Alfa.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts