2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you improve on perfection?

Reactions: sizewell

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Missed out on a cup front spoiler on eBay this week. Still looking but with the GTV booked in for a cam let week after next it may have to wait. Seen a complete Cup kit for £750 on eBay... Seriously tempted though.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hopefully this is the right way up!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Missed out on a cup front spoiler on eBay this week. Still looking but with the GTV booked in for a cam let week after next it may have to wait. Seen a complete Cup kit for £750 on eBay... Seriously tempted though.

Be very careful with these eBay cup kits some of them are not even the right parts. The replica kits are also poor quality fit wise and you'll spend a lot of money at bodyshop making them fit.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be very careful with these eBay cup kits some of them are not even the right parts. The replica kits are also poor quality fit wise and you'll spend a lot of money at bodyshop making them fit.
The one on eBay is described as being a genuine Zender kit and the guy selling it is an Alfa enthusiast so hopefully it is kosher.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
The kit at £750 is original but looks like the splitter has seen better days but I know he will take a offer. What colour interior do you have? I like contrasting colour, my black gtv started out with red interior, then I changed to black and now I'm on tan, but seen a white interior on ebay now lol!

Did you spray the rear light cluster?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It has the original very dark grey Momo interior. I have recovered the rear speaker covers as they faded really badly, need to do the fronts too. I have got new door panels and centre console/arm rest in the garage to fit and one window needs adjusting after a new regulator. I need to find a replacement clip thing for the passenger rear panel just below the seat belt. Don't know what they do except get in the way.

The light cluster I got ready sprayed off a guy on eBay with a load of other bits. I think he still has another one in red.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apologies for the photos... The joys of using an iPad!!! I'm also trying to get hold of a cheap ph 2 steering wheel to get re-trimmed.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
With the rear cluster you can get the same effect with a 'fly eye' kit from ebay and choose different shades of black to silver. Just for info like, yours looks great being a black car.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Apologies for the photos... The joys of using an iPad!!! I'm also trying to get hold of a cheap ph 2 steering wheel to get re-trimmed.
Don't waste your time looking for a "phase 2" steering wheel. There's no such thing!

The wheel changed from 4 spoke to 3 spoke in about January 1997 - well within the phase 1 production.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only thing I would add is black side indicator lenses and tint the brake light in the spoiler. Lovely car though. Best colour when its clean in my opinion.
Hadn't thought about tinting the brake light but trying to decide whether to go for clear or black side indicators. I've taken the pictures from far enough away and the right angle that you can't see the stone chips etc that it has picked up over the last 15 years.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't waste your time looking for a "phase 2" steering wheel. There's no such thing!

The wheel changed from 4 spoke to 3 spoke in about January 1997 - well within the phase 1 production.
Thanks... Didn't realise that. Always heard them called phase 1 and 2 and assumed that was when they changed.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 27 Posts