Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to put these on my GT while I refurb my teledials. Got these they were a bit knackered, so have spruced them up somewhat. Don't know what they'll lookk like on the car but I can't help feeling I'm gonna like them and they'll stay on :eek:.
Sacrilege :wow: I know as Alfas generally look best with Alfa wheels. Your opinions sought and appreciated. Pardon the poor mobile phone pic too

Attachments

·
Registered
960 Posts
quite similar to TI wheels so probably look okay on provided they are at least 17" rims

·
Registered
146 Posts
Read your post and got quite worried - then I saw the wheels and realised that they're quite nice....

BUT....It was seeing your car that made me want to get a set of teles - Ok, so I managed to get blackline wheels...but they're like the modern take on a tele AND NOW YOU'RE GOING TO CHANGE?!?!?!?!

Don't get me wrong, the new alloys look good but you're "the man with the teles on his GT" and on this occasion, I hope that you don't change your...erm...paws (?) :confused:

B

·
0 Posts
These might not look too bad. They are also similar to the Cloverleaf GT wheels - but I don't like those. Oh no - I'm contradicting myself. :eek: Let us see how they look.

·
Registered
94 Posts
These wheels will give a prominent view of the brakes. You'll be wanting red calipers next! You sure the offset is right for the GT? That has a lot to do with whether they'll look OK.

L

·
0 Posts
do they have PCD of 5 x 98mm or 5 x 100mm , if the latter you'll need wobble bolts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quite similar to TI wheels so probably look okay on provided they are at least 17" rims
Yes they are 17" ET35. Used to be on a GTV

Read your post and got quite worried - then I saw the wheels and realised that they're quite nice....

BUT....It was seeing your car that made me want to get a set of teles - Ok, so I managed to get blackline wheels...but they're like the modern take on a tele AND NOW YOU'RE GOING TO CHANGE?!?!?!?!

Don't get me wrong, the new alloys look good but you're "the man with the teles on his GT" and on this occasion, I hope that you don't change your...erm...paws (?) :confused:
Plan is to refurb the Teles to close to Cup colour so they will be going back on. However at the very least these will be kept to put on the car when I eventually sell it and I'll keep the Teles separate.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
^^ :D

I know, I know . . . hope to put them on tomorrow so I'll post up pics. Rest assured the Teles are going to get blasted and refurbed so in all probability will get put back on. Along with a set of 225/45 17 Tyres. Although, that said although there is reference to this tyre size in the manual, no variant is listed as having them fitted. Does it work OK?? Secondly any thoughts on dropping back to a 205/50 17" for a bit extra sidewall cushioning??

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The two tyres are very similar in size - the 205/50 17's are 0.4% smaller so your speedo will read slightly lower - the side wall on both tyres is 4" so you will not get the effect that you are looking for.

Tire size calculator

will give you the comparisions

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now fitted. Your thoughts appreciated. I seem to have lost the centre caps so I'll get this sorted ASAP however my observation is despite being 17" they look smaller than my teles . . . . .strange.

I can't make my mind up on this though. Stay or go??????

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
:confused: I didn't expect them to look that good!!!!! Seriously - not bad at all!!!

Teles look better imo but you have a good taste in alloys!!!

Either way - :thumbs:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looking nice! Try to find some Alfa badges for the holes :)

Average joe n the street would presume its a cloverleaf now probably, although you do need to paint the calipers now....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looking nice! Try to find some Alfa badges for the holes :)

Average joe n the street would presume its a cloverleaf now probably, although you do need to paint the calipers now....
Exactly! Paint the calipers or go back to teles. Seriously though, you have a great looking car whichever you go for. That grey is the best colour offered on the GT, IMHO.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exactly! Paint the calipers or go back to teles. Seriously though, you have a great looking car whichever you go for. That grey is the best colour offered on the GT, IMHO.

Front calipers are already painted red, will get rears done over the hols. :) Thanks for the input chaps. It's amazing how despite being the same size as the teledials they look smaller in the arches.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well I need some 17" wheels and i dont like the look of the teles and getting a the Ti wheels is not a option around here as the pot holes are plentiful and deep and would end up looking like 4 50p's so its only the multispoke ones like I have (but getting 17 in them look to be a hard find) or get aftermarket wheels, looking at them i'm not sure if they would look good on my 156 or not...... hmmm
any way they look great on your car and tbh i'd keep them though 18's would look good but be to hard on ur spine lol

·
Vendor
45,840 Posts
That looks pretty good. I prefer the Teledials, but they look much better on the car than I was expecting them to look :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts