Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A client/friend bought one and after lunch I had a drive in it with him.
I didn't hammer it as that would have been rude (and foolhardy considering I'm no Fernando Alonso).
VERY nice. For a diesel I thought it was quite smooth and refined.
Driver seat was very nice and it felt very taut around bends....
It was the 150bhp version

Reactions: mick164

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I drove the 150bhp diesel at the Alfa day last year. My abiding memory was the smooth auto gearbox (I've only ever owned manual cars). I also love the interior.

I'm due to change cars next year. If I go for the Giulia, I reckon it'd have to be the 280bhp Veloce. Should be a few of them coming on the UK market at that stage. (Subject to the outcome of Brexit of course!)

Reactions: Mufasa

·
Registered
155 Posts
Myself and my wife have the 120bhp 1.6 jtdm2 and it's a superb engine. Plenty of torque and revs freely. It does get a bit coarse in higher revs but anything under 2500rpm is so quiet it's almost silent in the cabin.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove the 150bhp diesel at the Alfa day last year. My abiding memory was the smooth auto gearbox (I've only ever owned manual cars). I also love the interior.

I'm due to change cars next year. If I go for the Giulia, I reckon it'd have to be the 280bhp Veloce. Should be a few of them coming on the UK market at that stage. (Subject to the outcome of Brexit of course!)
Or get the 200BHP version and get someone like these to upgrade it:
https://www.celtictuning.co.uk/services/performance-stats/alfa-romeo/giulia-2016/petrol/2-0-tb-197-bhp-2016-ECU-remap-chiptuning/stage-2#t3-content

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
21 Posts
Eh?
Still have the 166?
Sorry, wrote a great mail on my experiences with the Giulietta diesel as a hire car in Italy earlier in the year when I realised that this thread was about the Giulia.

My Dad still has the 166 and it's due an NCT. Has the thermostat to do before the winter sets in. Otherwise it's been running well.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a 2.2 180bhp diesel Speciale although I wouldn't regard it as new. There are a lot of discussions about petrol or diesel but the pros and cons seem to balance each other out and I'm a bit long in the tooth to worry about it.

I do like the car - the looks go without comment and of all the cars I have owned the Giulia attracts more looks, glances and double-takes than any other. The red leather interior feels Italian and is comfortable although my wife thinks the seat is a bit too figure hugging. The 8 speed auto box is very smooth, relatively quiet and the torque is excellent when a rapid overtake is needed.

My only real gripe is that the Infotainment is a bit Heath Robinson. I love the split screen but it's a right sphere-ache if you want to change from media to radio and your main screen is in navigation. Just a few observations for the OP to consider or ignore :blabla:

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 2.2 180bhp diesel Speciale although I wouldn't regard it as new. There are a lot of discussions about petrol or diesel but the pros and cons seem to balance each other out and I'm a bit long in the tooth to worry about it.

I do like the car - the looks go without comment and of all the cars I have owned the Giulia attracts more looks, glances and double-takes than any other. The red leather interior feels Italian and is comfortable although my wife thinks the seat is a bit too figure hugging. The 8 speed auto box is very smooth, relatively quiet and the torque is excellent when a rapid overtake is needed.

My only real gripe is that the Infotainment is a bit Heath Robinson. I love the split screen but it's a right sphere-ache if you want to change from media to radio and your main screen is in navigation. Just a few observations for the OP to consider or ignore :blabla:
Thanks lad. The OP isn't buying anything for the foreseeable future!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts