Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
SRP is only really dusty if it's over applied, as with all glazes (and it IS a glaze not a polish) less is more.

It's not a bad product, certainly not the best out there but for the man in thw street it's more than adequate.
EGP is actually a very good sealant for the money and ease of use.
Why do they state it as a Polish in SRP?.. I've always viewed it as one.

Appreciate it's the Halfords customer default choice being an AG brand; just not my cuppa tea as it were :)

I've used EGP but by god does it wreak!!

PBW are just nicer products and smell quite nice as well.

But as I said to the OP; everyone likes what they like and you acquire your collection and preferences over time. ;)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Why do they state it as a Polish in SRP?.. I've always viewed it as one.

Appreciate it's the Halfords customer default choice being an AG brand; just not my cuppa tea as it were :)

I've used EGP but by god does it wreak!!

PBW are just nicer products and smell quite nice as well.

But as I said to the OP; everyone likes what they like and you acquire your collection and preferences over time. ;)
It used to be a polish. It was reformulated a few years back and is now full of fillers. It gives better results with less effort and also there's no risk of damaging your clear coat as there's no abrasives.

PoorBoys products are excellent and yes, they do smell good enough to eat, probably because they're from America! :D

I have a few customers who specifically request Autoglym products be used on their vehicles, they're not my favourite but customers have confidence in the brand and it's generally good value when compared to many other products. I do try to talk them round though.

My collection of products is massive. It ranges from Modesta ceramic coatings, Swissvax waxes right down to good old Meguiars shampoo.

·
Registered
554 Posts
used 845 as a full body and wheels and liked it loads - got some Bouncers and Dodo juice stuff as Christmas presents so have been using them recently, tyromania is a very good Tyre wax as I prefer the matt look rather than high gloss

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I can highly recommend Collinite 915. Very easy to apply and remove and leaves a fantastic wet look finish.
I apply one coat on top of Carlack 68 Nano Systematic Care. You'll find info on them both here

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-915-marque-d-39-elegance/prod_281.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/pre-wax-cleaners/carlack-68-nano-systematic-care-various-sizes-/prod_356.html

The entry level 430 wax is also excellent and lasts on the vehicle for around 5-6 months (daily driver).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts