Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i've read good things about Collinite products, question is does anybody have any experience of them ?

Specifically how long do they last once applied ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good products, cheap and relatively long lasting. In my experience they tend to be rather hard to buff off after hazing.
Many in the Norwegian detailing community use Collinite 845 for rims and door sills etc.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
#845 is best wax for the money! No excessive powdering when buffing out, unlike AG SRP ..

If you do a layer of PBW EXP sealant first and then two coats of #845, it gives a deep wet look finish.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
:lol: ... Beauty of this wax is you can do the whole car (in the shade) have a cuppa tea, and then buff out.

Tried a fair few myself, but this is the ultimate wax and only around £12.00 a bottle off eBay.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
#845 is best wax for the money! No excessive powdering when buffing out, unlike AG SRP ..

If you do a layer of PBW EXP sealant first and then two coats of #845, it gives a deep wet look finish.
That's because SRP and 845 are totally different products.
One is a wax the other is a glaze.
Both are very good at what they do.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
That's because SRP and 845 are totally different products.
One is a wax the other is a glaze.
Both are very good at what they do.
Yes - I know that :)

I was simply making the comparison that #845 is an easier product to work with than SRP when it comes to buffing off. Too much dust with that one for my liking, but each to their own.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I'll stick with what I've got then :thumbup:

Got an opinion on Fusso vs. AG HD?

At some point in the not too distant future I'll be doing a full clay and machine polish (Megs 105/205), IPA wipe down, then on with a new wax for the summer..
Fusso and HD Wax are totally different again.

Fusso is a synthetic sealant and HD Wax is a canauba based wax.
Fusso can last up to 12 months with proper prep and application whereas HD Wax will last 3 - 5 months.
However, you can apply the HD Wax over Fusso (with a 24hr gap to allow the Fusso to cure) and get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

I was simply making the comparison that #845 is an easier product to work with than SRP when it comes to buffing off. Too much dust with that one for my liking, but each to their own.
But it's hardly a fair comparison is it. A bit like comparing a banana to a grape.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
However, you can apply the HD Wax over Fusso (with a 24hr gap to allow the Fusso to cure) and get the best of both worlds.
Tommy, I could kiss you.

Rocking double coat of Fusso at the moment (was a few weeks between applications), and I'm pretty impressed with how well it's holding up.. Doesn't quite have that deep glossy look that the HD wax left me with.

Double coat of Fusso, then a single top coat of HD wax it is :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Tommy, I could kiss you.

Rocking double coat of Fusso at the moment (was a few weeks between applications), and I'm pretty impressed with how well it's holding up.. Doesn't quite have that deep glossy look that the HD wax left me with.

Double coat of Fusso, then a single top coat of HD wax it is :thumbup:
That'll work fine mate...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Have to agree with that, autoglym seems only average on a number of its products.

Currently quite impressed with meguiars, excellent for the money

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Have to agree with that, autoglym seems only average on a number of its products.

Currently quite impressed with meguiars, excellent for the money
With regards to AG - I like their general range of products with the exception of SRP and EGP. It's a real Phaf IMO.

For polish, I prefer Sonus SFX (1-3) and for Sealer, PBW EXP. Again, very easy to work with either by hand or machine and (as said, albeit these products do different things from your grapes and banana's, probably oranges as well :lol:) they all produce minimal dust and least amount of effort compared to SRP... Whatever product you're putting on, it has to come off.

My analogy to SRP is that being an AG product, chances are the world and his wife has used it at some point and knows its dusty as hell itself :evil:

So, with your post on #845, it was more to let you know that when you are buffing out this wax, there is virtually no residual annoyance that you get with SRP. (which of course is a polish and not a wax). Therefore, good to know that its not a ***** at buff out time :thumbup:

You can't go wrong with Megs stuff either... I got their MF System for my DA, which is just two stages for quickness. I use that for maintenance following the full monty annual detail.

Whatever you go for, it's all down to initial preparation and working through key stages of defect correction, before you finale with waxing... Trial out what you fancy and go with what you like.. all personal taste at end of the day mate.

Hope your car looks spanky shiny :)

All the best,

P.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
SRP is only really dusty if it's over applied, as with all glazes (and it IS a glaze not a polish) less is more.

It's not a bad product, certainly not the best out there but for the man in thw street it's more than adequate.
EGP is actually a very good sealant for the money and ease of use.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts