Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Thought I'd found MY 166 replacement. Crowbar not required.

716 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  paxman 
#1 ·
Don't know IF any of you can recall my critical selection for the vehicle to get MY hearse out of my 166's without the need for a crowbar.

Criteria were
1) £3k swappage /scrappage for one of MY BEASTIES. (probably Lacey after I get the dosh for the autobox ECU.)(Oh and the 15 year old timing belt...Vintage that is)
2) ZERO Road tax (RFL VED etc etc etc)
3) 1,000 MPG

Eye ken 1,000 MPG a bit unrealistic butt then I DON'T Wannna dance oops get my hearse out of any of them. I need the 4 fur my Viking funeral.

So Lo and BEHOLD...between Emmerdal and Corrie......A vision

Nat swappage/scrappge butt 3 years interest free loan, Zero road tax AND 156 MPG.

well that's close to my unrealistic spec butt well wurth a buthchers.

It WIZ a Mitsubishi Outlander Prev.
Yes Prev NOT Perv or Derv...Saleman coodnay answer why?

So I went tay Mitsubishi Ayr furra butchers.

Initial look and spec no bad so went hame tay ponder.

Searched Giggle....Ewe don't get 156MPG as saleman said.
mare like 56mpg

Also 30mpg ona wan charge is reduced to an accurate 16mpg...less IF ewe want heat.

PLUS ewe huv tay charge overnight or yaze the PETROL ENGINE.

Mrs P thought awe her plans had come to fruition at wan time...She had an organism...UNTIL I said ...needs mair thought........Last I heard she was phoning a heavy goods crane to budge my hearse oota my babies. She still makes Tam O'Shanters wife look like (Saint nay wunner) Mother Theresa. She goes tay bed each night and awakes first think in the morning "God,I hate those Alfa's. Perhaps jist perhaps that's the reason I keep them ...No it isnae. LOL,

So back to drawing board.
It wood take a hunner years for the zero road tax and a 166 saving to pay aff the cost of the car so a no brainer...Looks like the "SIR DAVID ATTENBURUGH" will need tay have another 10 deck before setting off to Antartica to solve awe the wurlds ills.....Or um eye jist being a shellfish auld Pomeo or a typical frugal Scotsman. Also will need awe my pennies IF Saint Nicola gets hur way tay move tay hotter climes fur my last 10 years .Esp so she Disney see a penny of my worldy wealh or my Alfies.

Pomeo

See less See more
#3 ·
A car for Squint Eastwood? WELL DO YOU

"Curiosity killed the cat butt I coodnae resist"

Check out MSN link
Insanely cheap luxury cars for less than £1,500

When link goes "PING"...I c and p.

"Insanely cheap luxury cars for less than £1,500"

"Alfa Romeo 166: £995
Do you feel lucky? Well, do you? We’re not going to pretend that buying an Alfa Romeo 166 won’t be without risks, but it’s blessed with one of the best interiors of all-time. Besides, at £995, what could possibly go wrong? Actually, don’t answer that. With a 2.0-litre engine, you’ll have to forgo the brilliance of a V6 engine, but at least it should be cheaper to run. We’re not fans of the black alloys, but the one-former-keeper factor certainly appeals. They don’t make 'em like they used to, etc, etc."

I personally love the bit....but it’s blessed with one of the best interiors of all-time. AND so sorry twinkles
" you’ll have to forgo the brilliance of a V6 engine"

Pomeo

#4 ·
I personally love the bit....but it’s blessed with one of the best interiors of all-time. AND so sorry twinkles
" you’ll have to forgo the brilliance of a V6 engine"
:thumbu p::thumbu p:

I'm in love with 166's interior... what a joy to sit in the all time best MOMO leather seats and feel the smooth power of busso V6! :inlove: :inlove:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.