Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened last jan in all the ice . Parked my 156 1.6 t spark in the usual spot at work , got out and a tranny van slid right up its **** . Took out a big chunk of the back bumper and put the boot line out by about 5mm. Guys that hit me took full blame so persued a claim through insurance . The car was not in the best condition and the day before I was offered £800 quid trade in. After a few phone calls and the car being carted off on the back of a low loader my insurance company wrote it off and told me a cheque was in the post ( was hoping for a grand or so) . 3 days later a Cheque landed on my doorstep for £2500 hence to say i was over the moon and quickly went and bought a 2.5 v6 in mint condition with an extra grand to put too. This was good enough news until I got another cheque this morning for £500 quid from my insurance company who had got back my excess once again i'm over the moon escepially as they didn't take the £500 from me in the first place . So I basically got 3k for a £800 car . Talk about chuffed:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Oooh... I'd keep quiet dude. You'll have that Fate on your case before long... :eek:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Give the name of that transit van & insurance company and I'll try my luck too !:lol:
Happy Christmas !

·
Premium Member
42,896 Posts
Nice one lad.... shame we didn't all get happy endings like that :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
name of the company, location of the parking spot, weather forecast, name of the careless van driver and phone number.... please :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts