Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Piaggio MP3 LT - Piaggio.com

Fuoco 500

I recently had a go of a piaggio mp3 500lt that a friend has owned for a few weeks and ive got to say im very impressed,ok they look a bit wierd but as a motorcycle owner for most of my life usually having 1000cc bikes i found the scooter fast enough for our busy roads (100mph max and 0-60 in 5.8secs) and handled extremely well.Cheap they are not at £7.735 otr but with approx 80mpg and £85 per year tax they are cheap to run..

I cant ride a conventional bike for long distances anymore but these 3 wheelers are so easy to ride and for those not having a bike licence both can be ridden on a car licence..Tempted damn right i am:thumbup:

any owners on here??

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Someone at the top of our road owns one, and I've seen one or two riding about, but I have never worked out what they're about. I get the bit about the car licence though, and is possibly a good way around not having a bike licence.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The police use the 250cc version in London and these 3 wheelers do have the advantage of being more stable turning sharply or on wet/slippery roads and being only a few millimetres wider than a 2 wheel scooter (so the dealers gumph state) they still carve their way thru the traffic well.

Spyder F3 | Can-Am Spyder UK | Can-Am Spyder UK heres how the americans do it :biglaugh:

·
Registered
42 Posts
They're really good. Get the right one and you can ride it on a car license and it's the perfect little commuter (if you don't mind people staring at you).

Also, you can attack roundabouts and lean them like an absolute idiot - in a good way! They're a LOT more fun than many motorcyclists give them credit for.

I test rode the Tricity Yamaha 125 (you need a bike license for that though) and it was ace!

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Driven by annoying suits with no road/bike
sense around here.

The Polaris and the Bombardier Spyder are quite fun.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I've been tempted by one but they are too heavy to hang on the back of my motorhome and I don't fancy hauling a trailer round.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts