Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the blokes at work, the one who unofficially doesnt live with his girlfriend so she can clame benefits for her kids from her previous husband, told us the other day that he has declared his car off the road, SORN, as hes thinking of selling his car and doesnt want to go through the hassle of trying to recliam the remaining months..

Sorn you say, whats wrong with that? The fact that hes been driving it to work for over amonth and a half while being sorn...
How come people like him always seem to get away with this??
If the honest people did this they would be caught first day, although the honest people wouldnt do this...

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Errr....rat on him fella :lol:

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
Errr....rat on him fella :lol:
Have to agree.

Anyone stupid enough to tell you how clever he is by doing this is, basically, saying that you are an idiot for being honest.

Fine - if you can get away with something dishonest then do it if you will - but either keep quiet about it or expect the consequences for being a prat.

Paul.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its your god damn DUTY to report him!!!!!:mad:
what about if the poor bugger he drives into is some one with kids and all the rest.....It disgusts me!

A

·
0 Posts
Shop him I say. He can't be insured.

I saw a nice bumper sticker the other day it said "Please make way, I'm working hard to pay for the millions on benefits" I want one!!!

50% of all council house dwellers are unemployed. Even If you take away from this figure the genuine cases of those unable to work or those inadequate people for whom social housing is the only option (and I have genuine sympathy for these people) Then we are still supporting thousands of workshy people and the ubiquitous "Single Mum" with multiple children and no visible means of support.

Do i get angry..of course I bloody well do! I have to work for them every day and listen to them telling me their rights!!!!!

I happened across an illegal DVD copying operation the other day. Not a big one, but big enough if there are another ten people in on it. Do I report it to the cops or not? I havn't decided, but I know I ought to..but after a suitable gap so they won't link the raid with my visit to the premises...I hope....Nice respectable family they are as well.

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
grass him up, the waster. the rest of us who pay our way fair & square have to subsidise these scroungers

i have a "friend" who works for the local authority planning department. she's constantly bragging about how she hasn't done a full working week in god-knows-how-long due to huge amounts of (fully paid) sick leave and "study days" where she just goes down the stables and farts about with her horse all day. i don't think for a second it's crossed her mind that the people she boasts to are the people who PAY HER BLOODY SALARY:rant:

R

·
0 Posts
Leeches on society who serve no purpose except to sponge off the state deserve all they get, Grass him up.

A

·
0 Posts
Please let me know the reference source for this statistic.

Thanks.

Paul.
It was quoted on a TV programme (can't remember which one, but it was within the last few weeks) on the increasing division between rich and poor, and how we are creating sucessive generations of families who have never worked..It may have been Unemployed and/or on benefits..and it may even have been a government minister who said it..female I seem to recall. They were also highlighting the massive increase in people on 'incapacity benefit'..an increase of something like 500% in 15 years, which is clearly indicative of something else going on as health levels have not deteriorated to that extent..if at all. Can't fill in more, but it shocked me to hear it, but then as I go into at least eight council houses every day of my working life, it was not that surprising to hear as there are loads here who do not work, and Boston is an area with excellent employment prospects compared with, Liverpool, Tyneside, Glasgow etc. Thousands of foreigners have found jobs here in Lincolnshire, so there was no shortage of work, and yet we still find whole families here where nobody works.

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
i work in a benefts office :cry:

tell me about it - in my opinion 2/3 of those claiming invalidity/disablility are frauds. ( i take nothing away from genuine cases of course)

shopping centres have like tens of disabled parking bays - yet how many wheelchairs or walking sticks do you see when you go inside :confused:

young fellas leave school to simply go on the sick :mad:

govt need to clamp down big style, but they dont have the balls.

thankfully im changing jobs in a couple weeks - cause working there is not good for you seeing this sh1te every day.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Report him...I would!!!

I don't know much about the processes but surely if the car is declared sorn it has no insurance?

E

·
0 Posts
You have a clear choice: report the offence, or be part of it.

I'm sure you can do it anonymously.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
when he first said about this, i assumed natually he would be picked up by one the cars with plate recognition, the guy lives in newark in an area thats rife with this by the sound of it. Will get his details off his car on monday and fill in the form online, link provide by a previous post. I know its wrong to do, it just doesnt feel rite to rat on people, yes i know hes in the wrong and basically taking the pi*s. Will keep you informed.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts