Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the internet search regarding the best method to deal with s.plug threads just goes around and around! Use a release agent when installing new plugs.

Never use anything at all state NGK?

So do any of the old timers on AO use the ancient method of bygone years, or is that now regarded as ineffective and old hat? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
I use a tiny dab of copperslip. I always tighten by feel rather than using my torque wrench.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds ok KB.That I assume means using that method with 'crushable' type gaskets, washers?

I think I'll revert and try the old method of lub that I used on a vast assortment of M.bikes, and then followed on using it on cars for years.

Over time I just forgot about it, but having had a bit of a struggle removing plugs recently, I'll give it a go once more and see what if anything results? :):

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I use a smear of grease or oil. It's to help them go in easily rather than come out. Whatever is used doesn't seem to be detrimental. Difficulty removing spark plugs, sump plugs, wheel bolts etc is almost always due to over tightening by people using the " give it a extra tug just in case" principle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts