Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know much has already been said about the lights on the production 4C.

I was lucky enough to poor over and sit in the car at Goodwood and I have to report that I really like them...SHOCK! And the car was a none Launch Edition vehicle; so I imagine that the LE's carbon fibre cowlings will look even better.

Had Alfa stuck with the enclosed lights of the concept model I think that there would have been a real risk that the 4C would've just appeared like a scaled down 8C (no bad thing in some respects) but I'm pleased that the production lights help to give the 4C it's own identity and create a new design language for Alfa's most important car since the Pininfarina penned 164.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Totally agree.....the more I see them the more they suit the cars character!
I didn't think I would be saying that 3 months ago!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know much has already been said about the lights on the production 4C.

I was lucky enough to poor over and sit in the car at Goodwood and I have to report that I really like them...SHOCK! And the car was a none Launch Edition vehicle; so I imagine that the LE's carbon fibre cowlings will look even better.

Had Alfa stuck with the enclosed lights of the concept model I think that there would have been a real risk that the 4C would've just appeared like a scaled down 8C (no bad thing in some respects) but I'm pleased that the production lights help to give the 4C it's own identity and create a new design language for Alfa's most important car since the Pininfarina penned 164.
Both cars at goodwood featured the carbon trim headlights. my understanding from speaking to the representative is that they'll be standard on the standard (no pun intended) car. The plastic ones in Geneva were really poor!

AR might also offer the option to have them coloured as the car. If optional it would be best to view in person before committing oneself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Both cars at goodwood featured the carbon trim headlights. my understanding from speaking to the representative is that they'll be standard on the standard (no pun intended) car. The plastic ones in Geneva were really poor!

AR might also offer the option to have them coloured as the car. If optional it would be best to view in person before committing oneself.
My apologies, the Goodwood car did have the Carbon surround. Doh! Doesn't change my view that the design works well for me.

Hmmmm, coloured option. Yes, that you would have to see before ordering.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
They do look good IRL. I love the 4c:inlove:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Sergio Marchionne said yesterday to an analyst that Alfa saved €4mil by opting for the current lights compared to developing more conventional lights. And he said the final decision to stick with the lights rested with him.

That cost saving is equivalent to the sale of around 67 4C LE's

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sergio Marchionne said yesterday to an analyst that Alfa saved €4mil by opting for the current lights compared to developing more conventional lights. And he said the final decision to stick with the lights rested with him.

That cost saving is equivalent to the sale of around 67 4C LE's

... and if they are on a 10% nett margin around 670 cars. No brainer, they look just fine in the flesh, trust me

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I love the lights.. And as fiat shareholder I love the cost savings... So win win for me :cheese:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts