Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,912 Posts
My son is returning in a couple of weeks. He shares your sentiments.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Lock down and furlough has gave me a taste of what retirement might be like. I have pottered on with DIY on the house and garden, cleaned and messed with the cars, taken nice walks and sat on the patio enjoying the sun with the good lady. Conclusion i think i might like retirement and like others cant be arsed with this going back to work malarky.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Had a month or so of running my business part-time. Okay for a short while, but very happy and relieved to be working full-time again.

Reactions: Harvo and keithyboy

·
Registered
14,912 Posts
Get your violins out. I've had 3 days off since new year.
I've had a few more days off than that but not many. I'm running a one-man call centre in my dining room.

Reactions: Harvo

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Although I've worked from home for the lockdown period I've been v strict in starting at 8 and finishing at 5 and taking a lunch break Monday to Friday. With my kitchen doubling as an office it's easy to get dragged in to working late and at weekends.
Still I'm on leave for 3 days now so had to go fishing so I didn't keep looking at the laptop "just to check my emails!"

·
Registered
34,859 Posts
I’m glad that other people have had a chance to share with me the retirement experience except my wife is working from home and harder than before.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I have been on furlough for two months after a bout of self isolation and have now been at work for two days. On the whole I don't think it's worth the extra 20%
Unfortunately it is unlikely that the government will continue to pay you 80% to sit at home for ever. The alternative of retirement is also unlikely to provide an 80% income. Even final salary pension schemes are limited to 67% so you need considerable savings to make up the difference.

However 67% in retirement is not bad as the out goings are much less (provided the mortgage has been paid off) so I wish you all the best and hope your replacement appreciates having a job rather than being on JSA.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I maybe still be on furlough until October. If I’m not asked back by then ( depending on the current climate ) then it might be a case of one window closing and another one opening. We have to adapt to this ‘new normal’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts