Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gosh, the whole of the next two weeks is devoted to my S4 Spider: this week new windscreen, some minor paint and ding touching up, MOT and fettling at my local Alfa indie. Then it's off to have a new padded mohair soft top fitted! Should then be good to go for the summer :cool:

Will let you all know how it goes and give recommendations etc. :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Don't bother with the soft top...you won't need it in the summer!:lol:

I am about to buy 4 new tyres for mine and the ones on it have only done 10 miles, however they are 9 years old!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
will be good to see if they do the windscreen well, try to be there if you can to see if the rust situation is OK once the screen is out, because some of these "quack-fit" windscreen fitters dont care a monkeys, they just put it back in and it will sure enough leak once you have paid the bill. Have you located a new screen rubber? Careful of the little clips under the lower chrome screen embellisher, if they snap off, they wont be easy to find new, I am guessing.:eek:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Will be interested to know who's soft top you have bought and what it is like. Also mine could do with a new screen, it is like it has been sandblasted, and goes opaque in low sun, very dangerous. Are they easily available? And what is the price like? Good luck with the fettling, i am in middle of cylinder head removal, must get on with it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well so far so good - yesterday Smart Paint Repairs fixed a dent and short scratch in the paint on my passenger door - the repair is so good I can't even see any evidence it was ever there. Today I had a new windscreen fitted by Autoglass - the correct screen for the S4 with a green tint. Now I can see where I'm going again! It looks like they've done a good job - and they guaranteed that it won't leak.

Tomorrow it's off to Rusper Alfa for a few tweaks.

The new soft top is the last thing on my 'to do' list - will keep you posted :)

Looking forward to taking the car to some shows in the summer - Goodwood, Piazza Italia etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts