Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to own a V6 engined Alfa.

The master plan is to buy a 2000 plate Phase 2 GTV V6 with 17 inch teledials for £5-6000 and keep it for year or so before replacing it with a 147 JTDm.

H

·
0 Posts
Good idea :cool:

Any particular colour, trim in mind.

*Whispers*
I prefer the P2 to the P3 ;)

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I need to own a V6 engined Alfa.

The master plan is to buy a 2000 plate Phase 2 GTV V6 with 17 inch teledials for £5-6000 and keep it for year or so before replacing it with a 147 JTDm.
Yes Ros, you really, really, really need to buy a V6 alfa:) :) :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Roswell, I can understand your desire for the V6, however, a GTV is for life, not just for Christmas :tut: :lol:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I liked your master plan right up to the bit where you replaced it with a 147 diesel...

As master plans go that's like the Allies saying we have a plan to invade Hitler's fortress Europe with the biggest armarda ever assembled and the combined arms of numerous free nations... and then we'll all come back to Blighty in time for tea.

Keep the GTV!!!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Is the GTV the best place to experience the ALFA V6? I have always felt the GTV V6 looses balance and poise with the greater weight over the front wheels, which the extra power just can’t compensate for. Maybe it is just the TS owner in me piping up.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
alexgee said:
Is the GTV the best place to experience the ALFA V6? I have always felt the GTV V6 looses balance and poise with the greater weight over the front wheels, which the extra power just can’t compensate for.
I'd say it's one of the best places - I'm not sure there's a bad place to experience it.

For my money the difference in handling was much less pronounced than I expected, and the power / sound of the V6 more than made up for it. I guess it depends on your driving style and what you look for in a car.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any particular colour/trim in mind?
I like silver, grey and blue with contrasting leather. It must have 17" teledials and a 'tea tray' spoiler. :cool:

Do all GTVs have red or white(ish) carpets? :confused:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wanna sell it? ;)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Roswell said:
Wanna sell it? ;)
Funny you should say that....I'm maybe looking for a 156 Sportwagon to replace it, because we're thinking of getting a dog.

To be honest, mine was one of the press cars for the PII launch and it's had a fairly hard life, which is why it came into my daily driver budget. It's fine mechanically (has anyone mentioned to you how good the V6 is?) but you wouldn't have to look very hard to find a nicer one.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, I appreciate your honesty to a semi-serious question.

Since buying my 156 I've become a bit of a grey car pervert. I'd love to see some more piccies of yours. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Roswell, you want a V6 GTV then the masterplan is to go to a 147 JTD? i hope that was a joke bro.......

yeah GTV are nice! interior like the 156, the best man

1 - 20 of 21 Posts