Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this happens.....

I was in Calais last Thursday, a French guy stops (as he was getting out of his VW), looks at me whilst I'm getting in my car, thumbs up and smiles.... waits until I drive away, more thumbs up, just smiling and nodding in approval of the car.

Saturday morning, had to (I hate DIY stores at the weekend) pop to B&Q, as I was leaving, another guy thumbs up, as he got out of his Land Rover, telling me what a nice car I had and waited until I started the car up to hear the sound.

I'm sure all us Alfa owners have this happen but I get it more with the GTA, and from people that don't even have an Alfa and just appreciate the car for what it is, in some respects I get slightly embarrassed, but it does leave a big grin on my face, knowing that the chances of a BMW driver getting the same is very unlikely to happen.

Car's where I've had this happen in past are my 130 TC, X1/9 and Sprint - but the GTA beats all the cars I've had in the past.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
:thumbs: :cool: I've had this with the GTV. The Zendered up 164 gets attention from the wrong crowd unfortunately (kids and gypos mainly :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have many admiring looks in my GTV, sometimes they look away when you clock that their looking at you. Used to get waves and thumbs up in my VW Camper, the best was when an German guy in his Golf overtook us on a motorway in Holland, and just looked at us nodding in an approving manner!

E

·
0 Posts
I posted about it when it happened but my best was a little kid of about 4 or 5 in tesco carpark, made my day :D

I get it more with the GTA than I did with the integrale, which once got the comment "nice car Mr, is that a golf?" from some spotty oik :rolleyes:

edit:

To add to this I think you nearly got me run over tonight LOL. I am assuming it was you or your other half coming past B&Q tonight at about 7:30PM. Was so caught up in seeing if it was another GTA and then if it was you I didn't see the car coming the other way :lol:

·
Registered
908 Posts
I just had a guy who stopped and stared at my GTA when I pulled out of Morrisons Car park, Selby. Even the wife noticed it.

Then watched him get in a nearly new (standard) 147 and can understand the jealousy:lol:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I overheard a woman saying to her bloke what a nice car the GTA was and the car definately attracts attention.

Like you when I was driving my red 130TC I had quite a few smiles, thumbs up and a few conversations with blokes of a certain age. I sold the red 130TC and now have just the one which I'm restoring. I'm spraying it a light grey colour.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I had a 159 owner quiz me in the petrol station as he had never seen a 156 GTA before and he loved it! :)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Actually, looking back at when I had my rosso 164, I remember parking in Southampton, going to get the ticket and coming back to see a female parky walking around my car. As I got closer I said "you're either admiring the car or looking for this", she replies back "a bit of both actually, what a beautiful car, what is it?" :lol:

I was once stopped at lights in London heading into the City after having collected the car from having a new bonnet painted and fitted so it was quite shiny. A guy in a car next to me shouts over "fantastic, well done mate, keep it looking like that, I had one once but it never looked that good!".

In Spain I was parked up waiting for the missus and a guy walking past the car comented on the amazing condition it was in. For Spain, this is really really unusual as people don't generally like to do this kind of thing!

I miss that car... :cry:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I posted about it when it happened but my best was a little kid of about 4 or 5 in tesco carpark, made my day :D

I get it more with the GTA than I did with the integrale, which once got the comment "nice car Mr, is that a golf?" from some spotty oik :rolleyes:

edit:

To add to this I think you nearly got me run over tonight LOL. I am assuming it was you or your other half coming past B&Q tonight at about 7:30PM. Was so caught up in seeing if it was another GTA and then if it was you I didn't see the car coming the other way :lol:
Hi Adam - yes that was me! - had a mate with me trying to keep a 6'6" wooden garden gate still ! - Car needs a clean after having actually used it last week!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts