Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but i just bought an alfa 155 and i want to know if its 16v ir 8v ,, when i bought it they (dealer) told me it was 95 ,, but i dont think the dealer kwew what he was talking about,, i also tried to check the plate in the hood but couldt understand ,, also ,, theres some lights in the console on top of the radio ,, and a light turns on ,,it has like a battery drawing on it could someone tell me what that means

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to AO.

The first picture is an 8v, the second is a 16v - Being a 95 it could be either but more common to be a 16v ;)

W

·
0 Posts
The little "battery" warning light is the number plate (bulb out) light....far right on the piccy above.

wrinx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys thanks for the welcome,, i guess mine is the 8v, i kind of suspected it but wanted it to be the 16v,, o well. thanks alfajack,,, and wrinx thanks for the info to, hope to keep chatting.

one more thing ,, is there a huge difference in the 8v or 16 ?
thxs

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
hello mate, & welcome:D

there is a difference.... you cant catch me:p :p :p :p

but then i cant catch wrinx and jack:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
You have to trade off slightly less power, but you have a much more reliable engine.

Also the power delivery is different, you get lots more power at the bottom of the rev range, the 16v is all at the top so you have to drive it hard to get the best - depands what you like and your way of driving.

The 16 suffers with the variator wearing out, also cambelts can break, requiring a top and bottom end engine rebuild.

The 8v engine is chain driven, the way all engines should be - its bullet proof - can be thrashed and as long as its all serviced as it should be it will be fine :D

W

·
0 Posts
AlfaJack said:
but wrinx is 2 driveshafts short of a good handler:cheese: :D :D ;)
You forget my 4x4 ;)...mind you, that could do with a turbo being slapped on it!

wrinx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts