Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been preparing for our new baby and if i ever see the words " this item comes flat - packed for your convenience" again i think i will explode:mad: . After spending hours trying to put together a baby changing table/storage chest that had all the dowel holes out by 2mm it is quite obvious that it most certainly is not "flat-packed for my convenience":rant: :rant: :rant:

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
:lol:

It's the instructions that cause the problems, so basic they're difficult to understand!!!!

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Mamas and Papas, by any chance?

I know exactly what you mean. When I was pregnant with my son, I taught him some very fruity words a bit early when I was tackling the changing table and the cot:rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
don't talk to me about mamas & papas flatpack stuff. we've dug out the cot from 4 years ago for our 2 month-old, but can i find the screws & bolts? can i buggery. can i find the instructions leaflet? can i buggery. did mamas & papas offer any help or guidance on the phone? did they buggery. tearing my hair out! :cry:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
They're not cheap either:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
The quality of service you get from M&P is disgusting ... have you ever tried to take something back?? nightmare ... just glad my beasts are out of that age bracket now :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bet Mrs rodz wishes that babies came flat packed too.
:lol: :lol:

Starting to feel that way now as 5 days overdue. hoping it will show its face today a its my 40th Birthday :)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
i find ive now had enough of them that i can swap all the spare left over bits around till it fits together. But even a perfect one has the risk of turning Flat pack again if you try and move it:cool:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I have to confess I enjoy putting the flat pack stuff together although I've been lucky enough to not have had any missing crucial pieces or with badly fitting pieces.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Most of our furniture is solid wood ! :D

Pain in the back to move though !!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts