Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you know that I am a Behaviour Support Teacher. I am called into schools to 'fix' those kids who are behaving badly, for whatever reason. I can not, of course, 'fix' these kids - but I do work hard helping them and their teachers cope with the situation.

Yesterday I said goodbye to one of my boys. I have worked with him for four years and in that time we've had some really awful times, but I came to understand him and his difficulties and pass on that knowledge to his teachers. Together we have worked to give this boy the best education he could want, despite all the difficulties he has. He is heading off to the high school come August and he is ready to do that :)

I just opened the door to the florist delivering a fantastic bouquet of flowers and this card attached...

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
aw that was soooo sweet. ...well done

i hav worked with kids with varying needs and hav good and bad times but et wen u get sumthin like that its all soooooooooo worthwhile....:)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm actually going to miss the little sod :lol: But I have plenty more to keep me going ;)

After the last meeting we had with his mam she cried and gave me a big hug. I guess I underestimate how much the parents depend on me. I am often the only link between home and school, especially in the really dire cases.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you :)

I just wanted to share this because so often in my job we feel unappreciated by the management. It's nice to know we're appreciated by the people who really matter :)

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
That feeling you had when you read the card and realised who they were from...... thats what I call job satisfaction.

You have obviously made a huge impact on his life and future. Nice one. :thumbs:

·
Administrator
86,634 Posts
Glad to see your appreciated PG :thumbs: I bet that made your day :)

I just wanted to share this because so often in my job we feel unappreciated by the management. It's nice to know we're appreciated by the people who really matter :)

PS is this a hint to AO management :p :lol:

Anyway on behalf of the AO users, Thanks for everything PG :BOW:

:HALO:

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Deepers :eek: but I think my manager could learn a lot from AlfaOwner ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How rewarding :D :clap: :D - I assumed you were a teacher :eek: - you're gonna miss the lil chap, but I'll keep you busy ;) :evil:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How rewarding :D :clap: :D - I assumed you were a teacher :eek: - you're gonna miss the lil chap, but I'll keep you busy ;) :evil:
I am a teacher Jon. I taught whole class for 15 years before moving into Additional Support for Learning 5 years ago (God, I'm old :lol: )

And yes, you are one of my new little sods for sure ;)

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
awww thats wonderful Paintergirl :thumbsup:, congrats to you for doin what must be a very challenging job, but moments like this make it worthwhile :Hurray:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts