Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently got back from our little Xmas vacation to S.W Ireland (Kerry to be exact), a journey of approx 3.5 hours in Ireland (Rosslare/Fishguard) & 4.0 hours in UK (Fishguard/Essex), with a 4.0 hour break in between for the ferry crossing, etc. Arrived home at approx 05:00 hrs.

I got out of the car more refreshed and on a high than when i got in the car to start my journeythe previous evening. Wife and kids were happy asleep, I was happy driving. (even better when they are all asleep, as i don't have to have the radio on for them...lol)

Hard to put into words how i felt after my drive, but if people could see my smile, it'd be worth a thousand of them.

Bradgr.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I know where you are coming from, my seats are perfect for long journeys.

M

·
0 Posts
I know what you mean Bradgr. When I am driving alone on country roads I just feel at one with my 147.:inlove:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Bradgr said:
Just recently got back from our little Xmas vacation to S.W Ireland (Kerry to be exact), a journey of approx 3.5 hours in Ireland (Rosslare/Fishguard) & 4.0 hours in UK (Fishguard/Essex), with a 4.0 hour break in between for the ferry crossing, etc. Arrived home at approx 05:00 hrs.

I got out of the car more refreshed and on a high than when i got in the car to start my journeythe previous evening. Wife and kids were happy asleep, I was happy driving. (even better when they are all asleep, as i don't have to have the radio on for them...lol)

Hard to put into words how i felt after my drive, but if people could see my smile, it'd be worth a thousand of them.

Bradgr.
Glad to hear you liked it so much :)

What about a ferry to france and drive to Italy next! That's what I want to do anyway a lovely drive to Italy would be priceless :D

A friend of mine drove to Italy in his Punto :wow:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Gary Gumball said:
I know where you are coming from, my seats are perfect for long journeys.
Yep, the GTV is perfect for long journeys - so long as you're not in the back :lol:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have this problem...

Wife and sprog when we go for a run in the alfa normally doze off, me left to my own devices get a little more right foot heavy...

Suddenly the wife wakes - and I'm in trouble....

She never slept when I had a BM - so far it's the only advantage to BM ownership I've seen... Didn't like the 5 series sports seats....

Simes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi
I drove to Italy two years ago in the GTA via Marseille and then car on to the ferry to my home in Sardinia for the summer holidays, the car was perfect all the way and back, the only one complaining was the wife saying that I was going to fast.

I have now changed to a 3.2 GT and I am planning my next trip probably in the spring I just can’t wait!!!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,151 Posts
Good on ya, m8!

Your post just reminded me to start looking forward to the first weekend in March, when I'll be on my merry way to the French Alps for a long weekend's skiing... 900 km of pleasure ahead of me, and 900 coming back, with a load of twisties in between.

Oh - and Tuscany coming up this summer - take her back home for a spin :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts