Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This just happened and I want to share it . . . .

I'll set the scene first. I live in a really old (1700s), quiet street that is very narrow, it's 2.5 cars wide with houses on either side - you cannot park on the road at all or it causes difficulty for the neighbours.

Today, I pulled my car up outside my house and gave it a quick wash, oil level check, tyres etc etc.

I was wearing a set of overalls that a mate from Britsh Gypsum gave me - they are Orange with blue legs and arms.

Strangely, an RAC van pulled up almost beside my car and asked where a neighbour of mine lived. It was 8 houses behind him. Rather than reverse, he put his hazards on, hopped out and jogged back up the road with a small electrical part in his hand. The road was partially blocked.

15 seconds later, a tired looking Focus pulled up behind the van, without warning the oldish man driving began sounding his horn contantly. Before I could work out what was going on he shouted
"are you going to move that van?"

I was about to explain that it wasn't mine and that my overalls were a coincidence. He shouted
"just move the f%c*ing van"

I was willing to overlook this nasty remark - when he said
"you'll be all day fixing that f&c9ing thing [my Alfa!] - just move the f$c*ing van"

The abusive remark about my car tipped me over the edge and I politely explained that I would not be moving the van.

"You f&c%ing will"

Bet I don't

"you f*c$ing will"

Bet I don't

X3 etc

Losing his temper, he went to get out of the car, it was still in gear and it lurched forward. He had aslo not removed his seat belt and could not exit the Focus properly.

By now, I was laughing a great deal, and realising he was making a complete [email protected] of himself, he told me he would complain to the AA about me (it was an RAC van remember) Luckily, the RAC chap came cheerily jogging down the road, oblivious to the stress he was causing this nice old man. He waved a quick apology to the man and drove the van away.

The Focus, however, refused to start (having been stalled) and took 4 or 5 attempts to get it going - I offered to call the RAC for him but he declined. As the nice man drove away he called me a name that sounds like "Brunt" and flicked me a friendly salute.

All this for 45 seconds of delay!

Karma - don't you just love it.

PS: Men in their 60's should not use language like that IMHO!:tut:

·
Administrator
46,143 Posts
You're right, that's hilarious. I bet you were wetting yourself.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Needs to pop around to see me.:): I'd give him a lesson or two as to how any over 65 year old should behave.:D Have you noticed, from my sympathetic postings, since joining AO a couple of years past, well almost?:):

Following on from this, just had a young lady from Acorn, asking if anyone in the household had mobility issues, suffered from arthritis, and perhaps would be interested in a stair-lift? I most politely informed her, that we are both pretty much pro-active, but thanked her for her concern,:):

Must be quite difficult for some of the younger generation to earn a crust nowadays?:(: I certainly couldn't sit on the end of a phone line asking people repetitive questions. I'd go Bonkers, more than I already am so.:lol:

PS How does one spell arthritis, or is there no such word? No Spell checker, you see, and the Chambers Concise is in pieces and totally muddled up like me.:D Anyway, I'm not arthritic, yet!:lol:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ZF - are you sure you weren't in Somerset in a Focus . . . .

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
:lol: :lol:

You should have said if you want my van moved - move it your ****ing self, then things may have really got interesting :lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
You could have just moved your car instead !!!!

:D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol: :lol:

You should have said if you want my van moved - move it your ****ing self, then things may have really got interesting :lol:
Damn - hindsight is awesome. Imagine the possibilities.

"Pensioner arrested for TWOC"

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Had a similar situation a while ago, funny thing was, the bloke only had 50mtrs to drive, and stopped to ge out. I went over and told him exactly what I thought of him !! :D

The bloke was an ex-cop (says it all).

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
No Ricer, Bro' has a Focus, doesn't look at all like me though, and is a most polite person, as a retired, old school, police officer, who despairs at the behaviour of society, young and old, nowadays.:(:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Good one! :lol: That's what happens when you're too tight to buy your own overalls :tut:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts