Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
This is being run on TV quite regularly at the moment, saw it on the ITV an hour ago.

Harks back to the 156 advert on the frozen canals of Venice.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
This is being run on TV quite regularly at the moment, saw it on the ITV an hour ago.

Harks back to the 156 advert on the frozen canals of Venice.

I remember it well ... I watched with
mouth wide open, then 2yrs later a very nice 156 2.5V6 S3 became my first ever Alfa ... had it 10yrs and loved it.

Never once contemplated driving it on the canals of Salford and Manchester though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed. It is good to look at but, as I whinged about a few days ago, shame it shows a spec we in the UK can't order - namely those lovely 19" skates and the Q4 AWD!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
true but those 19" wheels are easy enough to get thankfully

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
true but those 19" wheels are easy enough to get thankfully
The proper Veloce fit ones aren't, just Autolusso and sometimes ebay - where have you seen them for sale? The QF ones are way more available though. It's still over £2k for a set with decent tyres. If ARUK offered them as an option I bet they'd be less than half that (like the rest of Europe)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The proper Veloce fit ones aren't, just Autolusso and sometimes ebay - where have you seen them for sale? The QF ones are way more available though. It's still over £2k for a set with decent tyres. If ARUK offered them as an option I bet they'd be less than half that (like the rest of Europe)

yeah I was referring to the genuine Quadrifoglio ones....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Love the Track, they used it for the Trailer for the Forza Horizon 3 release trailer, shame there were not more alfas in the game, but they seem to be putting more in each new version of the franchise! Makes me feel epic when I play it on B roads, great emotive song for an advert such as these beautiful cars!

Really thought I would hate the Stelvio, just jumping on the SUV hype band wagon, but I have seen a few now and they are strongly beautiful, better looking than the Maserati!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
anybody following the Giro (d'Italia) ?
Alfa Romeo is sponsor, a lot of beautiful Giulia's en Stelvio's in the race.

Yes, and I also remember many years ago when 166s were the official cars.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've seen it a few times, it seems to be a cut-down version of the original US ad and it loses a lot in the process. Certainly better than the Tamzin Outhwaite narrated Stelvio ad but still only 6 out of 10 from me.

They didn't even have the "two cars, one sheet of ice, no special effects" caption at the start when I saw it - which is quite informative.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So this YouTube version is different to the TV ad? The YouTube version posted does have a caption about 2 cars, 1sheet of ice, no special effects. Is this the full version?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
So this YouTube version is different to the TV ad? The YouTube version posted does have a caption about 2 cars, 1sheet of ice, no special effects. Is this the full version?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Yes, YouTube version is the full version. They don't have to pay Google each time someone presses play, unlike the TV adverts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts