Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is my recollection of STD European certification exterior noise test:
-vehicle is driven past a microfone placed 100 cm from ground.
-just when vehicle is passing microfone, driver floors it.
-low performance vehicles on 2:ed - high performance on 3:d.

Tests are performed by certified test institutes - I assume there is one in Italy - with a flexible mind - because I don´t understand how QF can pass the legal test.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my recollection of STD European certification exterior noise test:
-vehicle is driven past a microfone placed 100 cm from ground.
-just when vehicle is passing microfone, driver floors it.
-low performance vehicles on 2:ed - high performance on 3:d.

Tests are performed by certified test institutes - I assume there is one in Italy - with a flexible mind - because I don´t understand how QF can pass the legal test.
This Donut Media video basically shows how it would be tested in USA:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Actually it is not digital - on/off - in RACE, but very aggressive. My car was a DEMO, which - unfortunately - came with non-studded winter tyres. Already on DYNAMIC, settings were a bit aggressive, and since ECO is no fun, I ended up with - mostly- using my 9000 Turbo, with non- studded tyres, which I can control without thinking.

Obviously, in RACE - already a bit tricky in summer- the car was a beast to drive - but not really "digital".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually it is not digital - on/off - in RACE, but very aggressive. My car was a DEMO, which - unfortunately - came with non-studded winter tyres. Already on DYNAMIC, settings were a bit aggressive, and since ECO is no fun, I ended up with - mostly- using my 9000 Turbo, with non- studded tyres, which I can control without thinking.

Obviously, in RACE - already a bit tricky in summer- the car was a beast to drive - but not really "digital".
Then I am miss reading what you guys mean by digital?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I read digital to be: on - off. Which is NOT what RACE will give you - but a bit brutal.
I thought he was asking about the digital speedo reading in the drivers information screen once he switched to Race Mode.

·
Registered
141 Posts
USA "drive by" sound regulations are different to EU (and other regions) USA can have louder cars. I wasn't aware of this until watching a vid about Mclaren Senna, the EU spec ones have 3 exhaust outlets to dampen down the resonance and meet the EU limits, even in Race mode. The USA and other regions get a full Titantium system with 2 outlets which is much louder as standard.

I'm guessing Alfa may employ different parts, or different SW to meet the variations across the globe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
USA "drive by" sound regulations are different to EU (and other regions) USA can have louder cars. I wasn't aware of this until watching a vid about Mclaren Senna, the EU spec ones have 3 exhaust outlets to dampen down the resonance and meet the EU limits, even in Race mode. The USA and other regions get a full Titantium system with 2 outlets which is much louder as standard.

I'm guessing Alfa may employ different parts, or different SW to meet the variations across the globe.
I did not notice the Titanium exhaust

1 - 20 of 24 Posts