Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has never been particularly good when browsing from a mobile phone. What would usuaully happen is while browsing the list of various lounges, tapping on a subforum would be unresponsive and it would hang up for about 30 seconds. When it finally responds you won't get the page you asked for. Sometimes you will get a completely different subforum that wasn't even on the page you where just on. Sometimetimes you will land on a random users profile and sometimes you would land in a random topic but you would never ever get what you requested the first 3 tries.

Last night It defaulted to the enhanced mobile view which I never use as I hate it. For some reason though the "Exit enhanced mobile view" button didn't appear so I stuck with it for a little while only to have the forum completely lock up for nearly 5 minutes at a time on the "Technical and vehicle assistance" subforum list (where it usually has issues anyway). I finally found a way to go back to the normal view and when I did it continued to freeze up on that page. I couldn't click on any links, I couldn't scroll or do anything. The only thing I could do was wait out the time before it starts responding.

You would think after about a year of using this forum software that the backend software or even google chrome would have improved enough to make it a usable experience.

D

·
0 Posts
It does seem to effect some users, its seems to be quite stable on my phone, i suppose going mobile was just an after thought as a lot of users have alfabook which is very good on mobile devices.

·
Administrator
88,011 Posts
This forum has never been particularly good when browsing from a mobile skin from the dropdown.

...You would think after about a year of using this forum software that the backend software or even google chrome would have improved enough to make it a usable experience.

What mobile device are you using & what forum skin, or are you using the mobile version ?

I find the Classic skins have worked very well on all my mobile devices (an iProduct & Windows Phone) since the introduction . I've recently changed to Android & it also works well on Classic skin, it also works very well on the Full skin. I'm using the full desktop version of the form & not the mobile or enhanced version.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What mobile device are you using & what forum skin, or are you using the mobile version ?

I find the Classic skins have worked very well on all my mobile devices (an iProduct & Windows Phone) since the introduction . I've recently changed to Android & it also works well on Classic skin, it also works very well on the Full skin. I'm using the full desktop version of the form & not the mobile or enhanced version.
HTC one mini 2 with Chrome using the new skin.

I used to use the Classic skin which ran better on the phone but the PM box wouldn't work and I gave up waiting for it to be fixed.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
I just use the classic skin, no issues on mobile here at all... At the moment

·
Registered
38,658 Posts
I use a Galaxy S3 (android) and I hate using it to browse the forum.

Mobile compatible view is even worse.

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
The enhanced version is pretty much hopeless. The standard mobile view is kind of OK but there's a lot I can't do, for instance liking posts. Not that I do that much, being a curmudgeonly old sod.

Reactions: 73GTVJim

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
This site is pretty useless really. Very slow on mobile and tablet. I blame the ads. I've tried various ad blockers to no avail.
I don't get these problems on other forums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts