Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi keep hearing about this ecu reset when i had a word with someone i know who knows his car etc he laughed at me and said that ecu learns as it goes along with all the sensors telling it what to do etc so meaning that there is no need for such a thing as reset etc .. hey this is not gosple lol :)

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
reset mine to try and improve uneven idle but no improvement at all

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
well bud the ecu runs to to what the sensors say so if there ok then it will or should run fine surely ??:confused:
ecu reads sensors hundreds of times per second, thats why i cant understand what a reset does but i have it on good authority that it works.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
see post of "sluggish in 1st" re idle.
Have a root around in the 166 forum. We're big fans of it there, especially with the autobox.....

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
It does work.. effectivly putting the ecu.. which is a processor.. back to the factory default state.. thus removing any glitches/bugs that it has accumulated along the way.. once reset it will start 'learning' all over again..

A bit like re-configuring a computer.. wipe it and start with a clean sheet..

it wont fix a duff sensor.. and if the fault is still there after the reset.. then either its not ecu related or the ecu itself is duff..

A bit like re-configuring a computer..

I've done it a couple of times and it's noticable..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well ill give it a go bud it would prob help due to my custom down pipes sports cat and straight thru exhaust and cda unit :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts