Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

My replacement 159 was meant to have Blue & Me on it, but they forgot to install it- terribly sorry blah, blah blah. Anyway, the dealer has offered to put a 3rd party bluetooth system into it and has suggested a parrot ck3100-lcd. Ive had a look at it and god its fugly! Anyone used it ? Or does anyone have any idea which 3rd party bluetooth works and looks well in a 159? Ive a motorola phone, if that makes any difference.

N

·
0 Posts
The blaupunkt one that plugs into the
CDchanger on the HU seems to be getting
some press in the Brera forum.

It also gives you a USB socket for music,
so I hear.

N :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had the 3100 parrot kit and 3200 colour screen kit and they work first class.although the factory fit option would probably be nicer as its all built in ,typical alfa dealer !

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Nothing works as well as blue and Me,

The blau setup given you no visuals for folder navigation or telephone access such as phonebook or incoming caller id, you have to use the phone screen for that. Blaupunkt explicitly do not support this unit with OEM headunits.

The parrot is a good setup but as you say fugly .... suggest they investigate retro fitting it.

Personally I'd get them to get you another one with it...

Simes.

N

·
0 Posts
Simes is right about how good the B&M or Alfa Bluetooth
kit integrates into the car.

You can't even tell it's fitted.

Very :cool:

Best option available on the 159/Brera. (IMHO)

:)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
If the dealer puts the 3rd party bluetooth system in that's blue taken care of -

How does he propose to replace the music facility i.e. the USB port - 3 options exist

1) Blue and me
2) the unsupported and not fully functional (no text folder navigation) blaupunkt unit
3) the MP3 CD head unit - put upto 10 or so albums on a CD.

If it's not reasonable to reject because of blue and me not being there. Your safe option would be to take the alfa aftermarket bluetooth/ parrot kit plus make him upgrade your head unit to the MP3 CD one....

Simes.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Guys

The dealer has investigated the blue and me/bluetooth options and has confirmed that it cant be retrofitted. Has anyone contradictory reports that it can be retrofitted?
I'm not going to reject this car because of the absence of bluetooth, to be honest, i love it too much. The guys in the factory screwed up, not the dealer

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
mhollywood said:
Cheers Guys

The dealer has investigated the blue and me/bluetooth options and has confirmed that it cant be retrofitted. Has anyone contradictory reports that it can be retrofitted?
I'm not going to reject this car because of the absence of bluetooth, to be honest, i love it too much. The guys in the factory screwed up, not the dealer
Based on several months of questioning - IT CANNOT BE RETROFITTED - although I believe as has been pointed out before anything can be fitted - it may no be easy or cost effective - depending on how much as to be dismantled but it is fairly insiduous with the stereo and the body computer...

Get the MP3 Head unit and an aftermarket bluettoothfrom the dealer - that way you get most of the function just not the form - the dealer should be taking this up with AR UK and they should fund it..

I hope you get this all sorted and enjoy your bella...

Simes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
mhollywood, glad you've got a new one after all this time. Sod the bluetooth, spend the money on a remap instead - you'll get more satisfaction from it :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wormus - the remap will be coming along soon - Im gonna wait for the car to get 5K on it (only 2800 left to go!)

The dealer has ordered a Parrot 3200 BT system. So where should i locate it in the cabin? Below the rear view mirror? Centre of the dash? suggestions please!

N

·
0 Posts
davidzanetti said:
go to www.dashmount.co.uk they may have suitable hole free brackets etc or you can with double sided tape stick it to the dash etc.

I got one of those.

It's total kaka.

***** to fit in the Brera/159 and almost
ruined the aluminium insert trying to fit
the thing. And after fitting it looks awful!

I got a standard Sony/Ericsson cradle,
stuck this huge magnet to the back of it:
http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=100308

Then just pulled out the aluminium surround around
the gear stick and stuck the ferrous metal plate to
the back of the surround.

Popped the surround back, and the cradle
then sticks to where you stuck the metal.

Job done.
;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have parrot bluetooth fitted. It does look ugly - like a doorbell stuck on the centre console!

It does work well though, no problems with reception, compatibility with phone etc. My only gripe is that the voice recognition is a bit flaky. Probably has trouble with my scouse accent?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help and advice on this guys. I ended up going for the Parrot 3400 system, which seems to work a treat even though it is fugly. Also, I got the alfa ipod connector installed so that I can now listen to 10 playlists.
The dealer organised the whole thing and sent the guy out to install it at my house - excellent service again from M. Stewart, Belfast!
On a different note I managed to get the SW tail out big time this morning after a quick roundabout. Must be the greasy roads ;-0

1 - 15 of 15 Posts