Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I don't think anyone on here has experience with these tyres. If you do, please let me know what you think of them.

They have great reviews, and are a reasonable price.

Any opinions???

if its not them, i am unsure between pirelli p zero rosso, Goodyear eagle f1 or michellin PS3

S

·
0 Posts
I have Conti Sport Contact3s on the front and Michelin Efficient Dynamics on the back. They both grip very well. Vredstein tyres come with good reviews, but have recently been in serious financial trouble which would steer me away as cost cutting will have an effect somewhere down the line, and I'd rather it wasn't on tyres.

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
Had these on my old 3 litre 156, they are a decent tyre. I finished them off going around Bedford and it was only when they were well worn down, probably past the tread indicators did they get a bit lairy and unpredictable.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies

I am not worried too much about expense. Its working out about 112 a tyre, and i only need two fronts, the PS3s are around 135 each, so another 40-50 quid in it

So if the other tyres are a lot better and i will get more milage out of them, they may be more econimcal. Bear in mind i am hoping to do a few trackdays next year, icluding spa italia

???

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello

I had Verdes sessantas on my old GT diesel, they were very good and my independent tyre fitter who knows his stuff swore by them at the price he sold them for; which for 17inch was about 60 - 70 quid each. He did say though, that he had noticed they were steadily going up in price and would soon be as much as Continentals/Pilot Sports and Goodyear Eagles in which case they were probably not quite as good as these. They do come with quite a cool tread pattern if you like that sort of thing....

If money is no object I would go for Contis or Goodyear Eagles

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Continential Sport Contact 3 for me. Local guy does me £100 trade price per tyre so it's a no brainer. Never had any problems and grip very good especially in the wet.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've got the vredesteins but had contisport before that. Have to say I preferred the contis. Vredesteins are good but seem to have more of a tendency to tramline. They also don't seem to be quite as sure footed in the wet as the contis.

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
They're my tyre of choice, always been pleased with their performance and longevity, and they're well priced.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
At this time of year Dunlop 3d m&s tyres! Just below 8deg most of the day today - winter tyres rule :)

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
I personally bought them online. Cheapest price I saw was mytyres, but camskill are only a few quid more expensive, while guaranteeing quick delivery. Dunno where in Cheshire you are, but Congleton ATS are happy to fit customer supplied tyres, and seem good and helpful.

If you prefer, I think the various Selecta Tyres outlets can get Vredestein in with a day or two notice.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Blackcircles are doing a storming deal on the Michelin PS3's fitted for £128. That's if you don't mind the non - reinforced versions..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts