Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - im thinking of trading my GTV TS for a GT 3.2. Has anybody driven both cars (or come from a GTV to a GT)? If so, what are your experiences?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
i went from a twinspark gtv to the 3.2 gt. the only thing i miss about the gtv is the way it cornered but the speed and the practicality of the gt makes up for it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it'll be hard not having the handling of the gtv, but the gt would be more refined, comfortable, faster. Is the Q2 diff on the GT an upgrade that's easily enough of an option to fit on a GT 3.2? From reading the threads on the GTV V6 with a Q2 diff, it sounds like a brilliant piece of equipment.

G

·
0 Posts
i went from a twinspark gtv to the 3.2 gt. the only thing i miss about the gtv is the way it cornered but the speed and the practicality of the gt makes up for it.
I did exactly the same. I loved the little GTV but from the moment I experienced a 3.2 V6 there is nothing I have missed. The GT is my favourite of the Alfa range. Hence why I have had five (avoid the 2.0 JTS) :lol:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yeah, it'll be hard not having the handling of the gtv, but the gt would be more refined, comfortable, faster. Is the Q2 diff on the GT an upgrade that's easily enough of an option to fit on a GT 3.2? From reading the threads on the GTV V6 with a Q2 diff, it sounds like a brilliant piece of equipment.
Q2 Is a must! I had mine done by Autolusso. Transforms the car totaly:thumbs:

·
Registered
72 Posts
GDAF, I had a P1 2.0 TS GTV years ago and have just bought a 2005 GT 1.9 JTD and I'd say the GT is a better car. The boot is great and the back seats can take 2 adults in comfort. Also there's more safety features on the GT. It's just a more modern car.

I wasn't brave enough to go for the 3.2 but the torque is highest on the diesel. Go for the GT I don't think you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
getting off topic, but i think you'll find any review of the TS vs. the V6 GTV points out that the 2.0l car is the one to go for if you want the better balance and overall handling. IMO there's probably only a handful of front wheel drive production cars on the market that would out handle a 2.0TS. The dampers on the 6 are there to deal with the weight, as the car carries a fair bit more up front.

·
0 Posts
The engine is glorious, it's bigger and newer. That's about it though. Never tried one with a Q2 and maybe that makes a difference. I always wanted a 3.2GT...until I drove one.

·
Registered
38,914 Posts
getting off topic, but i think you'll find any review of the TS vs. the V6 GTV points out that the 2.0l car is the one to go for if you want the better balance and overall handling. IMO there's probably only a handful of front wheel drive production cars on the market that would out handle a 2.0TS. The dampers on the 6 are there to deal with the weight, as the car carries a fair bit more up front.
And I disagree with the reviews as I have driven both. :p

The TS does handle well, but it has a hard ride, where as the V6 is better damped but still firm. The 156 is another matter, there is a massive difference between the TS and V6 versions in the handling department.

IMO the GTV V6 will handle better than a GT V6 due to the similarities with the 156, but it depends on the springs and dampers they have fitted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts