Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, im considering selling my 1999 red gtv v6 with tan interior and full cup kit, i may stick it on ebay soon and thought id give the members a first look, i may also be interested in doing a swap p/ex etc on a 156 jtd if anyones interested, my gtv is in good overall condition, a few chips here and there and some minor scuffs on the front spoiler, its currently got 115,000 miles but had an engine fitted at 65,000 with full reciepts (cam belt went) it drives like new, handles great and looks fantastic, it does need new brakes all round id say, (discs/pads) recently had a service, tax til feb 2012 and mot til 08/2012, just had bushes , wheel bearings and a few other bits, i dont really want to sell it, but family needs must unfortunately!

Its never let me down, iv had it for over a year and iv done over 15,000 miles in that time, not a single problem!!

its a good car, but i need better back seats, i may get the brakes done myself depending on any offers. any questions please feel free to ask, ps, not sure if this is in the correct thread?

im not sure what price its worth, so any genuine offers

·
Registered
674 Posts
Agreed, you need to put a price on your ad. I'd also suggest some more photos: let's see that lovely leather interior and the V6 always gets people drooling. Why hide all that?

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I was looking at genuine cups today on piston heads and you can pick up a genuine one (which was fully rebuilt) for about 3.3k ... I think that you might be being a bit optimistic with the price you're looking for (sorry)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was offered a straight swap on an rs turbo that the guy has up for £3995, the cheapest cup on ebay is about £6495 and another one on auction, mine has been on there since 6 oclock yesterday, iv had 2 offers (around £2600 and £2500) and a swap offer, its had 114 page views and its got 14 watchers, the next cheapest cup replica on ebay is £6995, so for £2995 for a car thats near mint and had a recon engine, i personally think iv got it too cheap to be getting that amount of interest so soon, remember we all own alfas here, dont give people the opportunity to devalue the things, otherwise none of our cars will be worth anything!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking at genuine cups today on piston heads and you can pick up a genuine one (which was fully rebuilt) for about 3.3k ... I think that you might be being a bit optimistic with the price you're looking for (sorry)
i think you will find the one for 3300 has been damaged, and has poor paint, the next cheapest is 4000, with prices varying to 7295, it all depends how much the owner wants to sell them for, and how much the new buyer wants to pay.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
i have just done an hp check on that car for 3300 and its a cat c write off, thought it was a bit too cheap
The rebuild thread is on here and I think that he made quite a good job of it, there only seemed to be minor damage to the car, but insurance company's write off cars for nothing these days ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.