Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can you help.
Due to a change in personal circumstances I'm not using my 159 that much and have decided to sell.
I would appreciate some guidance as to what value I should place and also best place to sell, not having sold a car in ages (other than a couple of hacks on eBay which wasn't much fun tbh)

61 plate 159 ti, 2.0 jtdm
41,000 with AR service history
One previous owner, lots of original paperwork inc brochure & price list
I have owned for 2 years since 24k
Standard car, options when new over and above usual ti spec - full leather, 8c metallic red paint and satin finish mirrors
Great condition in my opinion
New Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on front, half worn Pirelli Pzero on rear
In my ownership I've had all 4 discs and pads done (front brembo by AR) and had front subframe waxoyled.

Reluctant sale of nice car. Rare to see full leather an never seen another in 8c red.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Prices very tricky with 159s. I've just sold my 159 1.9 JTDM Turismo with 127,000 miles for £3,000. It was in exceptional condition though.

A case of lick your finger and stick it in the air sometimes! In that colour and with that interior, I'd imagine you'd be looking at anywhere between £6k-£8k depending on condition.

For the right money, I could be very interested (if it doesn't have the dreaded M32 gearbox)!

·
Registered
36,823 Posts
Looks like a nice example. There's an SW in 8C in our area of the same age. Aim high and see what happens?

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Looks fantastic - top spec, and a late low mileage example with the more sought after 2.0 engine.
Has to be worth the thick end of £10k all day long, especially with that paintwork.
Have a look at what dealers are selling them for, but I doubt they'll have one as good as yours.
In particular, have a look at Veloces' site, then take £2-£3k off. I bet Veloces would love to have your car in their stock.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
As its a run out model should have either an M40 or F635 gearbox
Cool. Let me know if you're interested in selling and what price you're after realistically. You can always email me directly at [email protected] as this will get a faster response.

All the best

·
Registered
564 Posts
As its a run out model should have either an M40 or F635 gearbox
Either F40 (same as 2.4 and only in MY2009-2010 with full leather Ti) or C635 (little less strong, but good for 400Nm, for MY2011- with half leather/alcantara Ti).

First one is easily recognized when looking from under the hood on top of the box, next to the gearlever there is a big casting mark with F40.

C635 boxes seems to shift more smoothly, where the F40 shifts kind of like a truck (strong synchromesches and long shiftsways).

8C red metallic is a stunning and very rare color on a 159 and if yours has little chips, it should certainly be worth extra. I've seen a few myself before buying a Stromboli one and all 8C's were sloppy, meaning challenging respray and higher costs as average.

So you've quite a unique variant, but still one that might not be everybody's favorite. Be patient and you will find that new owner....good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts