Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I am thinking of selling my beloved Alfa 156 but not sure how much to ask for it?

Car is Aug 2001 (Y reg), 45k, red leather interior (Momo), metallic fire black exterior, Toyo Proxes T1-R tyres. Oh, and it's a 1.8TS!

Only mods are Red Dot 20 groove brake discs all round, Powerflex rear suspension bushes and GTA intake upgrade. Has been serviced annually, cambelt changed at 36k etc.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
38,286 Posts
The only advice from me is to keep it unless you really have to sell it. The market is very depressed.

At the moment you will be lucky to sell it for reasonable money. :(

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
The only advice from me is to keep it unless you really have to sell it. The market is very depressed.

At the moment you will be lucky to sell it for reasonable money. :(
+1 to that ...

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I've been approached by a guy offering £1400-£1500 for my V-reg 1.8TS (cloth interior).

He seems to have more money than sense, so it's very appealing :rolleyes:

If you can find someone like that, you're laughing!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your kind advice :)

I will probably end up keeping it then, it's just I've always wanted an S4 Spider but would have to sell the 156 to finance it. Oh well, lottery ticket it is again tomorrow then :lol:

It is a bit annoying it might not be worth much, it's a great drive, got full service history, low mileage etc. and it's a good combination of black with red leather interior...oh well!

Chris

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having said all that, how much do you think it is actually worth?

Did I mention is has the factory fitted low spoiler with brake light too??

Cheers

·
Registered
38,286 Posts
I think you would be lucky to get £1500 for it at the moment. :(

The mileage is a plus point, but the fact its a Y reg and is going to cost more to tax next year is not. Fecking Government. :rant:

·
Registered
119 Posts
bought my 2l t-spark 99 with 60k full service history for €1500 a few months ago. so a little more that. i would keep it, with car prices so cheep lately.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think you could easily get £1500. Paperwork with a car is always a good selling/buying point.
Put it on e-bay and set the start price for £1500 and just see how it goes?
Just for the record, i have just picked up (from e-bay) a 51 plate, 156 Veloce in black with red leather MOMO interior.....but no paperwork apart from the fella's word that he has had it serviced. I got this for £1500, it really is in good condition so far ;-)
So try e-bay............nothing ventured, nothing gained!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you could easily get £1500. Paperwork with a car is always a good selling/buying point.
Put it on e-bay and set the start price for £1500 and just see how it goes?
Just for the record, i have just picked up (from e-bay) a 51 plate, 156 Veloce in black with red leather MOMO interior.....but no paperwork apart from the fella's word that he has had it serviced. I got this for £1500, it really is in good condition so far ;-)
So try e-bay............nothing ventured, nothing gained!!
Nice one! Black with red leather is a cool combination on a Veloce :cool:

Didn't think of eBay so will give it some consideration, thanks for the idea. I guess a reserve can always be set so it doesn't go too cheap.

£1500 is nowhere near enough to get an S4 Spider though :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts