Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently just sold the GTV TS Lusso for a more sensible car ihave been drawn towards owning a 4c for a year before then getting a more sensible car. Bit of fun for the wife and I in a stunning car but....

Anyway, I have read the buyers guide on here which was really useful but I also read Clarkson's review in 2015 and he slated various aspects which made me think is it going to annoy me which takes away from the enjoyment aspect. So to all you owners out there or people who have owned and sold a 4C, was it/is it a pleasure to own one? Was Jeremy exaggerating as usual and did Alfa fix some of the issues such as cabin noise or the tramlining issues after 2015 in a later model?

My old GTV had a stainless steel straight through exhaust on it and so I know what motorway drone is like but that was muffled by all the interior in the GTV where as this looks to be a bare bones track set up so I am worried the wife will find it unbearable.

Also he complained about them being too wide to fit in a car space. Is this true? Is it a nightmare parking and getting out if you're forced to park in a space between two cars?

Final question to any golfers who own one... how do you cope with getting to the golf club? Is it bag riding in the passenger seat?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
946 Spider LE, Giulia Veloce
317 Posts
Having recently just sold the GTV TS Lusso for a more sensible car ihave been drawn towards owning a 4c for a year before then getting a more sensible car. Bit of fun for the wife and I in a stunning car but....

Anyway, I have read the buyers guide on here which was really useful but I also read Clarkson's review in 2015 and he slated various aspects which made me think is it going to annoy me which takes away from the enjoyment aspect. So to all you owners out there or people who have owned and sold a 4C, was it/is it a pleasure to own one? Was Jeremy exaggerating as usual and did Alfa fix some of the issues such as cabin noise or the tramlining issues after 2015 in a later model?

My old GTV had a stainless steel straight through exhaust on it and so I know what motorway drone is like but that was muffled by all the interior in the GTV where as this looks to be a bare bones track set up so I am worried the wife will find it unbearable.

Also he complained about them being too wide to fit in a car space. Is this true? Is it a nightmare parking and getting out if you're forced to park in a space between two cars?

Final question to any golfers who own one... how do you cope with getting to the golf club? Is it bag riding in the passenger seat?

Thanks in advance
Never owned one but I've seen plenty and play golf, you wont get a set of clubs in the boot its tiny. Room for shoes though !
I have a spider and you can get clubs in those having said that its a pain. My solution is to hire a locker for £30 a year and leave all my stuff at the club.
You could always have them in the passenger seat my mate does that with his MGB but in a 4C I think it would detract somewhat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 4C - no chance, my kids golf clubs wouldn't fit in the boot; but thats not what shes for!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I sold a V6 916 Spider and bought my 4c Spider a few months ago. The 4c is definitely (for me) more of a weekend, special event, type of car. I wouldn't drive it to a supermarket whereas the 916 was fine in that respect.
The width is no worse than my BMW X3, although obviously the door opening needs more than the BMW and getting in and out is awkward in tight situations. I haven't tried golf clubs but I can get a squash raquet in the boot!
Don't get a race exhaust or, if you do, budget to replace it. It is horribly noisy. Again, only my opinion, some owners obviously like to annoy their neighbours ;)

I had to sort the tramlining issues and got Alfaworkshop to fit their mods, and set the tracking. I then changed the horrible Pirellis to Michelin Sports at the front and it is much more civilised.

I am in Essex. If you are anywhere near I'd be pleased to discuss/demonstrate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts