Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a gt 3.2 in the past but sold it to start up the business. Now I've got the itch for another busso. I'm tempted by the 156 as ive owned loads of 147's but what's the better car 156 or 147.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
What do you want out of it? both are awesome and both look the business. I prefer the hatch because a saloon is too big for my needs.
To each their own.

S

·
0 Posts
156 handling is easier as its longer. 147 more nutty than squirrel poo.

Horses for courses. Depends on need. Mainly one person,driven for fun. 147.

One or more passengers, driven as a daily with need for a bit of poke. 156.

As above, plus need to luge large loads to the dump, from the DIY shop or to bury bodies in the woods, 156 SW.
]

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
147 is quicker. 156 Handles better.

I think I loved my 156 GTA more than both the 147's...

Drive both then make a decision.

I have a GT V6 now and I think it's the best of the lot.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
As said. 147 is ever so slightly quicker on paper due to weight but in the real world it's meaningless. 156 handles better. Gt is nice handler but didn't get the gta name and 10bhp down. Your choice

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Can of worms here lol.

My dad has a 156 GTA, I have a 147 GTA. I actually think the 147 is more comfortable in the back, my head rubs against the ceiling in the back of my dads 156, the 147 offers a bit more headroom in the back.

The 147 is more practical IMO too, as the rear seats fold down!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Can of worms here lol.

My dad has a 156 GTA, I have a 147 GTA. I actually think the 147 is more comfortable in the back, my head rubs against the ceiling in the back of my dads 156, the 147 offers a bit more headroom in the back.

The 147 is more practical IMO too, as the rear seats fold down!
You forgot the SW which solves all of those issues whilst remaining the better handler and giving even more space. Even though I haven't got one I have to agree the SW is the better car

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The slightly longer chassis of the 156 means that the exhaust seems to sound a little sweeter when modded. :cry:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts