Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time no post on here. Firstly, Hi! :thumbs:

In the time i've been away i have had a DC5 Intergra which I kept for two years (the longest I ever had a car) absolutely great car and I instantly regretted selling it. I then bought an S2000 for the summer. AWESOME car! I got a pain in my arse switching cars because i have a four year old and if we wanted to go anywhere as a family we had to go in the Fiesta.

Alas. There is talk of gaf buying so I need to downsize in the car department for a while to save. I was thinking of jumping back into an Alfa as the cost / smile ratio is second to none and I still do love them.

I'm in the market for a 156 (Could consider a GTV as well). I would prefer to buy from here as donedeal is a minefield. I might give Gerry a call at TI during the week to see what he has.

I have a budget of around 3k (if cheaper than by all means try me).

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Long time no post on here. Firstly, Hi! :thumbs:

In the time i've been away i have had a DC5 Intergra which I kept for two years (the longest I ever had a car) absolutely great car and I instantly regretted selling it. I then bought an S2000 for the summer. AWESOME car! I got a pain in my arse switching cars because i have a four year old and if we wanted to go anywhere as a family we had to go in the Fiesta.

Alas. There is talk of gaf buying so I need to downsize in the car department for a while to save. I was thinking of jumping back into an Alfa as the cost / smile ratio is second to none and I still do love them.

I'm in the market for a 156 (Could consider a GTV as well). I would prefer to buy from here as donedeal is a minefield. I might give Gerry a call at TI during the week to see what he has.

I have a budget of around 3k (if cheaper than by all means try me).
Barry great to see you back!
Get a nice Sportwagon-great family wagon...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barry great to see you back!
Get a nice Sportwagon-great family wagon...
Cheers man. Yeah if I could get a nice sportwagon I would definitely go for it but any of them I have seen on donedeal have been absolute sheds. I would love a sportwagon with a facelift interior.

Edit : That GTA on donedeal is tempting me though. (completely defeating the purpose of downsizing)

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Bat, word on the street is that the GTA has been sold...

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Yes but he had one before if I remember , then again I have been wrong .. once and she's still with me ! :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just back from viewing that sportwagon. Thermostat is shot. Sounds like the variator is in the blink and it needs some work in the front suspension department. The clutch felt a bit iffy as well so it's possibly on the way out.

Lovely car bodywork wise and everything. Not sure if it's worth a punt at that price tbh.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Just back from viewing that sportwagon. Thermostat is shot. Sounds like the variator is in the blink and it needs some work in the front suspension department. The clutch felt a bit iffy as well so it's possibly on the way out.

Lovely car bodywork wise and everything. Not sure if it's worth a punt at that price tbh.
With that amount of work I think you are probably right...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I have decided I am going for another 2.5 V6. I have put the feelers out accross the pond as the missus is from that neck of the woods I am always over there.

Just make sure there is no rust this time! :rant:

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I think I have decided I am going for another 2.5 V6. I have put the feelers out accross the pond as the missus is from that neck of the woods I am always over there.

Stay south of the Watford gap?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

A few months ago there was three 156 v6's up for sale, now they can't be found anywhere.
Seem to be getting fairly thin on the ground over here now and numbers dropping in the UK as well. Its a pity as its such a good car.

Best of luck with the hunt...Id sell you mine, if it were for sale:lol:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Cheers man. Yeah I have the guys number. I got it from Pat in Wexford (great help by the way :thumbs: ) I'm going to give him a call now.
That's who I got my v6 of! Top bloke.
Hopefully it's in good enough nick and you'll be back in a v6 soon. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 161 Posts