Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..well its been nearly 4 years since I sold my 159 but have seen Mangoletsi's ad for a 280 Veloce @ £2338.41 deposit and just shy of £260 a month for 2 years on PCH albeit thats only for 5k miles/year (enough for me)!! Thats a lot of car for that price. Its easily the best looker in the class it sits in (and also most of the other premium much more expensive machinery higher up the ladder).

So my question is... is the Giulia reliable enough as a daily drive, given im around 2 hours from my nearest dealer should it prove not to be????

Ive had a look in this section of the Forum and see little niggles but i would be ok with them having had the 159 and 2 x 156's in the past so used to little foibles.

Lee

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi guys..well its been nearly 4 years since I sold my 159 but have seen Mangoletsi's ad for a 280 Veloce @ £2338.41 deposit and just shy of £260 a month for 2 years on PCH albeit thats only for 5k miles/year (enough for me)!! Thats a lot of car for that price. Its easily the best looker in the class it sits in (and also most of the other premium much more expensive machinery higher up the ladder).

So my question is... is the Giulia reliable enough as a daily drive, given im around 2 hours from my nearest dealer should it prove not to be????

Ive had a look in this section of the Forum and see little niggles but i would be ok with them having had the 159 and 2 x 156's in the past so used to little foibles.

Lee
Mine is my main car.

I think the Mangoletsi deal has a silly excess mileage charge, so check that. Also they put that dreadful sticker on the back.

S

·
0 Posts
I've just ordered mine today from Beechdale - such a gorgeous car. Pick it up next Sat and can't wait!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've just bought a Giulia Veloce from Mangos on PCH.
The Beechdale deal was 8k mileage a year and £283 a month plus a deposit of £2547.
I only do 3 - 4k miles a year so the Mango deal was fine for me.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Heard of a few minor niggles but never anything which proved serious.
Mine is a daily driver and I expect to be doing 15k a year. I’m 4500 in and no issues.
Do it you will not regret it, they are superb cars.

S

·
0 Posts
Is that on a similar type of deal mate?
Mine was £5250 down, then £358/month over 36 months - 15k/yr. 1.5% Apr.

It was a stock car, not registered as yet.

That's on PCP too ... Stromboli grey with the 5 pot alloys, red leather, red calipers, tinted rear windows.

9ppm penalty.

·
Registered
35,755 Posts
The things to consider on PCH

There’s no option to buy the car at the end.
You will need to agree an annual mileage allowance at the beginning of your contract – there may be a mileage charge if you exceed this.
Just like your mobile phone contract, you are tied in for the full duration of the agreement and there may be significant charges if you need to change or stop the contract.

PCP is more flexible if your circumstances change.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mine was already in stock in the showroom - must've been a cancelled order or something.
Which one was it Stuart? I was just there yesterday and nearly bought the stock Stromboli Veloce sitting opposite the front door but instead am ordering a factory build as not quite the spec I wanted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The things to consider on PCH

There’s no option to buy the car at the end.
You will need to agree an annual mileage allowance at the beginning of your contract – there may be a mileage charge if you exceed this.
Just like your mobile phone contract, you are tied in for the full duration of the agreement and there may be significant charges if you need to change or stop the contract.

PCP is more flexible if your circumstances change.
FYI - I'm on a 3yr PCH now (Audi A4) and they quote their settlement figure in the last year as 55% of remaining finance, so giving it back early means buying out of the contract at that cost. Assume other manufacturers finance is similar to that.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mine was £5250 down, then £358/month over 36 months - 15k/yr. 1.5% Apr.

It was a stock car, not registered as yet.

That's on PCP too ... Stromboli grey with the 5 pot alloys, red leather, red calipers, tinted rear windows.

9ppm penalty.
Aha Stuart, just seen you've told us the spec and I think you may have bought the one I nearly did yesterday (Russell offered me because it was so close to the spec I wanted, just not quite). Good for you though I suppose

·
Registered
35,755 Posts
What does that amount to? Is 55% of remaining finance good as settlement compared to a PCP. I'm just going on the warnings given to people considering a PCH.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
What does that amount to? Is 55% of remaining finance good as settlement compared to a PCP. I'm just going on the warnings given to people considering a PCH.
Well if I gave mine back 1 year before end of contract it'd have cost me just over £2k so enough to make you think twice. At least with a PCP you can give the car back and walk away with nothing owed after half the finance is paid off (on a 3 year PCP that's usually around the 2 year point)

S

·
0 Posts
Aha Stuart, just seen you've told us the spec and I think you may have bought the one I nearly did yesterday (Russell offered me because it was so close to the spec I wanted, just not quite). Good for you though I suppose
Yep, that's the one. The only other thing I wanted was android auto but that would have meant a factory order, and taking into account the drop in value of my part ex over that time and the price they were selling the Stromboli grey one for it would have worked out about £40 extra / month to get a factory order.

My intention was to order a solid red car with a few options, but I fell in love with the Stromboli grey car, as did everyone else who walked in the door. I think it's the red leather that does it!

Plus I'm impatient.

What spec did you go for in the end Matt?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yep, that's the one. The only other thing I wanted was android auto but that would have meant a factory order, and taking into account the drop in value of my part ex over that time and the price they were selling the Stromboli grey one for it would have worked out about £40 extra / month to get a factory order.

My intention was to order a solid red car with a few options, but I fell in love with the Stromboli grey car, as did everyone else who walked in the door. I think it's the red leather that does it!

Plus I'm impatient.

What spec did you go for in the end Matt?
Absolutely. I went in certain I wanted Vesuvio grey with stock turbines but 5 secs after walking in I saw the Stromboli and I was sold; those alloys, red calipers and leather just looked awesome.

I'm going for that exact spec but with Climate Pack and (maybe) Android Auto too. Also, I don't actually need car till June as got PCH til then.

Jealous though; knowing that ones out there and I'm not driving it.

I took a photo of it so I could show the missus the combo I wanted. You can look at it until you pick it up next Saturday

·
Registered
38 Posts
So my question is... is the Giulia reliable enough as a daily drive said:
I used to run two cars, a MiTo QV as a daily driver and a supercharged V8 Jag for weekend fun. When I ordered the Giulia Veloce it was to fulfil both roles. After 8 months and 6,000 miles I have no regrets and, other than the distorted fuel flap (a quick, no hassle warranty replacement), have experienced none of the issues others have reported.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts